Safe Flight, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. The company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning, and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance, and control systems for fixed and rotary winged aircraft. With product installed on over two-thirds of the world’s aircraft, Safe Flight counts among its customers the majority of the world’s aircraft manufacturers, more than 50 airlines, hundreds of operators of corporate jet aircraft and U.S. and International Armed Services.
Safe Flight’s benefits include employer-funded health care, on-site lunch program, 401K contribution, Wellness and Education Reimbursement, paid-time off and sick time, and various other programs.
Safe Flight has an immediate opening for an Electronics Technician. The successful candidate will gain a unique hands-on design opportunity facilitated by Safe Flight’s on-site manufacturing and Engineering laboratory while collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of Engineering and Production personnel.
- Set up electronic systems and devices.
- Assemble and connect system components.
- Build prototype models based on technical guidelines.
- Monitor and report on project progress.
- Estimate damage and calculate the cost of materials.
- Test system functionality and analyze data.
- Repair malfunctions in circuitry and other system structures
- Read and comprehend complex manuals and diagrams.
- Update reports and maintain inventory.
- Collaborate with engineers and other professionals on technical tasks.
- Use various tools to build and repair systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be computer literate, possess good written, verbal and interpersonal skills and be fluent in English.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Avionics or related field; or a minimum of 3+ years’ experience as an electronic test technician for digital and analog circuits.
- Experience in an ISO or AS9100 certified manufacturing facility; and with surface mount assembly a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.