Technical Sales Manager
Safe Flight, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. The company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning, and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance, and control systems for fixed and rotary winged aircraft. With product installed on over two-thirds of the world’s aircraft, Safe Flight counts among its customers the majority of the world’s aircraft manufacturers, more than 50 airlines, hundreds of operators of corporate jet aircraft and U.S. and International Armed Services.
Safe Flight’s benefits include employer-funded health care, on-site lunch program, 401K contribution, Wellness and Education Reimbursement, paid-time off and sick time, and various other programs.
The Technical Sales Manager (TSM) will be responsible for managing and growing Safe Flight Instrument, LLC, (SF) business. We are looking for a results-driven individual with a unique set of talents, a proven track record and a willingness to travel as required. The ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical individuals our product offerings and how they meet the needs of potential customers.
This individual will have input into the strategic sales plan, act as liaison between SF’s sales and engineering departments, meet and network with OEMs and Aviation Service Centers, including General Aviation, Business Aviation and Air Transport Markets. The objective is to increase awareness of SF’s Products, applications, operation, and services, and most importantly, convert prospects into sales. As the primary face to the customer, the TSM will serve as the customer advocate with responsibility for developing customer relationship and improving the quality and frequency of customer communications.
- Develop and execute strategic sales plans to achieve company sales targets and expand market share within the aerospace manufacturing industry.
- Analyze market trends, customer needs, and competitor activities to identify new business opportunities and develop effective sales strategies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key customers, including aerospace manufacturers, airlines, and maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) organizations.
- Understand customer requirements and provide technical solutions and recommendations to meet their needs.
- Conduct product presentations, demonstrations, and technical discussions with customers to showcase the company's capabilities and value proposition.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities within the aerospace manufacturing sector.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, operations, and marketing, to develop customized solutions and proposals for customers.
- Meet or exceed sales targets and objectives, and take corrective actions when necessary to ensure sales goals are achieved.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SF is looking for a proven and successful salesperson who is experienced in aviation avionics and/or the aviation market. The successful candidate will be a sales professional who:
- Is currently or recently engaged in the sale of high-value products or high-quality brands to OEMs, Service Centers, and Operators.
- Has a proven track record of being a high achiever that has consistently exceeded sales goals and objectives.
- Is an experienced sales professional with the technical knowledge required to identify, develop, and close SF’s prospects.
- Preparing proposals to help secure new business opportunities.
- Has a successful history in identifying, targeting, negotiating, and winning sales programs.
- Fully versed in Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint.
- Preferably working knowledge of Microsoft Projects.
Education and Experience:
- Currently involved in the aviation industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Must possess a high level of integrity with a proven ability to establish trust and business performance-based relationships for future client referrals.
- Significant drive and passion for sales negotiations and closing deals.
- A strong desire to work in a dynamic environment with a high degree of energy and ambition is essential.
- A pilot license, a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunities Employer
Safe Flight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.