QA Inspector Technician
LOCATED IN WHITE PLAINS, NY
Safe Flight, a leader in aviation safety and flight performance systems, was founded in 1946. The company pioneered the development of Stall Warning and Angle of Attack, Automatic Throttle Systems, Wind Shear Warning, and many other innovations in aircraft instrumentation, flight performance, and control systems for fixed and rotary winged aircraft. With product installed on over two-thirds of the world’s aircraft, Safe Flight counts among its customers the majority of the world’s aircraft manufacturers, more than 50 airlines, hundreds of operators of corporate jet aircraft and U.S. and International Armed Services.
Safe Flight’s benefits include employer-funded health care, on-site lunch program, 401K contribution, Wellness and Education Reimbursement, paid-time off and sick time, and various other programs.
The QA Inspector Technician plays a critical role in ensuring product quality and compliance with established standards and specifications. This position requires meticulous attention to detail, strong technical skills, and the ability to conduct inspections and tests accurately. The QA Inspector Technician will work closely with the quality assurance team to perform inspections, document findings, and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Perform visual inspections, measurements, and tests on incoming materials, in-process components, and finished products.
- Follow established inspection procedures and quality control guidelines to assess product conformity and identify any non-conformances.
- Utilize various measurement and testing equipment to ensure accuracy and precision in inspections.
- Record and maintain detailed inspection data, including test results, measurements, and observations.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance team to execute inspection plans and ensure adherence to quality standards and procedures.
- Identify and communicate quality issues, deviations, or trends to the respective manager for corrective action.
- Maintain accurate and organized records of inspections, test results, and related documentation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering and production, to investigate and resolve quality issues.
- Participate in root cause analysis activities to identify underlying causes of non-conformances and troubleshoot to resolve.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a QA Inspector Technician or a similar role, preferably in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Strong knowledge of quality control procedures, inspection techniques, and measurement tools.
- Familiarity with quality standards and regulations relevant to the industry (e.g., ISO 9001, industry-specific standards).
- Proficient in using measurement and testing equipment, such as calipers, gauges, micrometers, and optical comparators.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams and adapt to changing priorities.
- Basic computer skills for data entry, report generation, and document management.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent; technical certifications or additional education in quality assurance or related fields is a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunities Employer
Safe Flight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.