Director of Customer Experience & Operations
Science On Call is the tech support platform for restaurants. We are a fast growing, early-stage, venture-backed startup, and we recently graduated from the Techstars Farm to Fork and Food Foundry accelerator programs.
We are transforming platform-agnostic restaurant tech support by combining AI-powered problem solving with a hospitality-driven approach to customer service. This allows the 160+ restaurants that we currently support to focus on delivering great food and guest experiences rather than the technology issues which can bring down their operations.
As the Director of Customer Experience & Operations, you will lead the team at the heart of Science On Call to ensure that we deliver a high quality product on a day-to-day basis.
In this role, you will:
- Lead, motivate, and scale a happy, dynamic team of U.S.-based remote support agents who receive and resolve inbound service requests, as we grow to support 1,000+ restaurants in the next 12–18 months
- Work with internal training and technical writing teams to ensure that agents have the knowledge and resources they need in order to effectively guide customer issues to resolutions
- Identify, implement, manage, and refine the tools and processes necessary to deliver effective customer experiences (we currently use Zendesk and Lang.ai, and our roadmap includes workforce management and quality assurance tools along with additional automations)
- Develop and monitor customer experience reporting, operational KPIs, insights, and analytics to measure our success and identify data-driven opportunities for workflow optimization and other process improvements
Reach out if you have:
- Passion for hospitality and the restaurant industry (direct experience in restaurants is a plus)
- Background leading and scaling effective multi-channel (email, chat, talk, text) customer experience teams and administering support/ticketing platforms (Zendesk Admin certification a plus)
- Infectious, inspiring personality and proven track record of coaching and developing employees to achieve new heights
- Strong and nimble problem solving, project management, people management, and communications skills
- Appreciation for both nitty-gritty details and also the big picture
- Natural, proactive curiosity, along with an insatiable desire to improve processes and workflows. You ask a lot of questions but then you can also come up with answers
Why you should apply:
- We are a people-first business. We believe that creating meaningful jobs and opportunities for our employees helps to provide our restaurant customers with excellent service
- People who join our team now will have the opportunity to grow with us and will shape the culture and direction of our dynamic, fast-paced startup
- Ability to work remotely or from our office in Chicago
- Competitive pay and ever-growing list of benefits and perks (e.g., health & wellness and technology stipends, paid time off, coffee subscription, meal reimbursements)
To apply email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org