Senior Product Manager
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role:
The Senior Product Manager will lead the optimization efforts for our established loan payment application, with a focus on improving user experience and boosting loan payment rates, renewals, and overall customer satisfaction. Reporting to the VP of Product, this role will be central to achieving our goal of empowering our customers to manage their payments effectively and improve their credit score.
Who You Are
You have strong empathy for users, a drive to discover and resolve their pain points and use quantitative and qualitative data to guide your hypotheses. You use that customer discovery to shape the product direction. You thrive in a fast paced, fast growing start up environment. You understand the importance of collaborating with other teams and are able to act quickly as the decision-maker when required. You have a passion for our mission of helping people to build credit and save money.
What You Will Do
- Lead the optimization of our loan payment application to improve user experience, increase payment rates, and enhance customer retention and renewals.
- Own and drive the strategy to help qualified customers get access to credit products that improve their financial health and help them save.
- Contribute to the growth, profitability, and regulatory compliance for Self’s flagship product. Working with business stakeholders this role will closely monitor KPIs and P&L.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to a short term and long term product roadmap.
- Inform product decisions with quantitative and qualitative data on customer behavior and experimentation to prioritize your roadmap (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies).
- Leading execution with the engineering team to prioritize competing tactical and strategic items into a backlog.
- Author requirements and feature documentation to execute roadmap.
- Partner with risk, compliance, marketing, engineering, design, analytics and operations teams to build software collaboratively and inclusively
- Evaluate competitive landscape and stay informed of latest trends in Fintech and consumer Apps in general
What you Bring
- 5+ years experience as a product manager, ideally in a fintech environment, with a focus on product optimization
- Experience designing intuitive mobile user interfaces and executing product plans with a well-defined process
- Experience conducting user research to educate product design
- Strong analytical skills, competence in SQL, and experience with tools for doing data analysis
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.