Vice President of Credit Strategy
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
As the VP of Consumer Credit Strategy, you will lead and manage the credit policies and strategies across our lending products, including the Self Credit Builder Account and Self Credit Cards. You will be a hands on leader, with strong analytical skills and an understanding strategy/vision to execution and delivering business value through the credit card lifecycle.
What You’ll Do
- Create and refine comprehensive consumer credit strategies that encompass fraud strategy, CECL/Loss forecasting, and collections and loss mitigation and manage teams responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring strategies across all of these areas.
- Use data-driven methodologies and statistical models to assess credit risk, predict delinquency rates, and develop risk mitigation strategies. Incorporate alternative data vendors to ensure we have best in class data and analytics platforms.
- Oversee development of predictive and statistical models to enhance implementation of card strategies.
- Build and manage roadmaps for ongoing improvements.
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of credit strategies. Regularly monitor portfolio performance and make data-driven recommendations for adjustments as needed.
- Ensure all credit strategies adhere to relevant regulatory requirements and industry best practices. Collaborate with the Compliance team to implement necessary changes and updates.
What You’ll Bring
- 8-12 years of hands-on analytics experience, with at least 5 years of direct experience managing consumer credit card risk.
- Background and experience in consumer credit portfolio analytics, adaptive control strategies (including Champion/Challenger testing), SQL programming, Analytic Tools (SAS, R, or Python), project management, test design and execution.
- Familiarity with using internal, bureau and alternative data sources to build and maintain strategies.
- Solid understanding of credit card financials (P&L) including levers that impact results.
- Demonstrated experience leading and managing cross-functional teams, fostering a collaborative and innovative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics or related analytical discipline and/or extensive industry experience.
What we'd prefer you to have:
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Finance, Economics or related analytical discipline.
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations (e.g. Reg Z, UDAAP) for the card industry.
- Experience developing and delivering an annual plan and multi-year roadmaps for product investments to reduce fraud loss.
- Thought leadership – understanding strategy/vision to execution and delivering business value through credit card lifecycle.
- Experience with Visa & Visa DPS.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.