Search Marketing Manager
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Self Financial is looking for an experienced, data-driven Growth Marketing Manager with a heavy focus and ownership of our paid search strategy (and overall Google Ad suite), as well as our mobile app install program. Reporting to the Director, Growth Marketing, you will manage and grow existing high-performing paid acquisition programs to help Self continue to grow within current and new audiences. We are looking for someone who is both an expert in search but also has broader experience in digital marketing (and maybe even some offline channels). There are significant opportunities for continued growth in this role throughout our funnel - from launching new channels that increase our brand awareness to optimizing the bottom of our funnel to improve conversion. You will be guided by data to gain a deep understanding of our audience to drive creative and campaign execution with a high level of detail and precision.
What You Will Do
- Manage the strategy, planning, and execution of paid user acquisition campaigns within Google Ads, owning and grow a multi-million dollar budget while driving efficient user acquisition at target return
- Lead app install strategy, testing, and growth working across teams and agencies to efficiently manage and expand a multi-million dollar budget
- Perform standard optimization procedures for various campaign types, including ad creative testing, query mining, ad group restructuring, bidding analysis, and more
- Conduct keyword and audience research to expand campaigns and find new opportunities
- Develop an effective ad creative testing process, collaborating with in-house and external designers
- Improve post-click conversion through onsite landing page optimization, driving best practices and sharing of learnings throughout the team and company with an opportunity to take on additional experimentation in partnership with product teams
- Drive and support new channel testing initiatives as we seek to find additional digital and offline channels to expand our reach significantly
- Partner with analytics to evolve measurement strategies within your channels and across our entire media mix spanning app, web, and offline media channels
- Partner with marketing ops, analytics, and product to scope and implement paid marketing tracking and reporting solutions to measure results
- Identify fluctuations in performance across campaigns and assess and execute tactics to rightsize issues in KPIs
- Report on performance to key marketing and company stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Google Ads, mobile app download, and industry best practices to improve performance
What you Bring
- 7+ years of experience in paid search, PPC, or Google Ads
- Experience managing a multi-million dollar media budget
- Experience in both web and app customer acquisition, including knowledge of measurement and automation tools (Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, MMPs such as Appsflyer, or Singular, MTA, Bidding Tools, Apple SKAN, Ad Servers, etc.)
- Strong track record running growth strategies across channels including 3+ years with hands-on experience in Google Ads (Paid Search, YouTube, Google App Campaigns, GDN) managing and optimizing large keyword sets
- Demonstrated success in A/B testing to drive KPI improvement
- Experience running app install campaigns across multiple channels along with a strong understanding of Apple SKAN and familiarity with Appstore Optimization (ASO)
- Experience running A/B testing within ad networks, landing pages (e.g. Google Optimize, Unbounce, Optimizely), and Appstore
- Data obsession, not being afraid to work across Tableau, Excel, Ad Network data, and other data sources to understand the full story, and having familiarity working with an analytics team for more complex questions. Strong Microsoft Excel skills are a must, SQL knowledge is a plus
- Attention to detail is a must, with experience managing and tracking projects from concept through execution with a cross-functional team
Base salary range: $82,000 - $122,000/annually. Individual pay is based on factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, and other job-related reasons.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.