Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About The Job
Self is seeking an AML Manager. As the AML Manager, you will join our Compliance team and support Self’s BSA Officer in the day-to-day operations of our AML and sanctions program, with an emphasis on Self’s ML/TF transaction monitoring, KYC, and sanctions investigations.
What You Will Do
- Assist the BSA Officer in developing, enhancing, and managing Self’s AML and sanctions program, and ensuring that it aligns with Self’s risk profile.
- Lead Self’s AML investigations team, including, but not limited to, transaction monitoring alerts, high-risk customer reviews, and OFAC SDN hits.
- Develop and oversee role specific new hire and ongoing training for all appropriate personnel, including training as part of quality assurance performance improvement plans.
- Analyze and synthesize important trends and escalate as appropriate.
- Develop and report key performance indicators to the BSA Officer and other key stakeholders.
- Draft and revise policies and procedures to improve the AML program’s efficiency.
- Maintain a strong industry knowledge of applicable trends, typologies, and risks related to suspicious activity monitoring.
- Promote organizational culture and work to improve the overall health of the organization through collaboration and values alignment.
What You Bring
- Preferred 5+ years of relevant experience in AML/CFT and sanctions, with a minimum of 2+ years managing and leading a team of analysts.
- Preferred 3+ years experience developing, implementing, and running a ML/TF monitoring program (to include suspicious activity monitoring and high-risk customer reviews).
- 1+ year of experience analyzing OFAC SDN alerts.
- Deep understanding of ML/TF typologies and risks, as well as the ability to maintain knowledge of current typology trends.
- Experience developing and delivering training to team members, including training for quality assurance purposes.
- Extensive experience writing and developing AML and sanctions policies & procedures, as well as risk assessments.
- Proven experience working collaboratively and effectively with the ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, including internal teams and bank partners.
- Exceptional communication skills and a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Project management experience with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working in a rapidly changing industry with flexibility to quickly react to changing demands.
- Keen eye for process improvement and efficiency modification.
- A strong desire to continue learning within the AML space and developing industry knowledge to assist Self in maintaining a compliant BSA program.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.