Human Resource Generalist
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Human Resource Generalist
About the Role:
We are searching for a tech-savvy, intuitive, quick-thinking and incredibly detailed, organized Human Resources Generalist to support the HR team.
Who you are:
You have passion to provide terrific employee experience and flawless operational execution. You thrive working in a high performing, collaborative team.You love to leverage technology to make communication and processes easier for everyone.You are a committed student of the best people practices and always looking to improve how you work.
What you'll do:
- Contingent Workforce
- Own the contingent workforce HR lifecycle process from onboarding through offboarding,coordinating directly with vendor management team/managers.
- HR Team Operations
- Update, maintain and organize employee information in our HRIS and other enterprise systems and tools
- Coordinate employee and manager training calendar; track employee education benefits.
- Own HR and DEI Confluence spaces. Update existing content and create new content as needed.
- Maintain and manage the corporate events calendar for Lunch & Learns, DEI programs and Social events.
- Talent Acquisition
- Manage the onboarding process for new hires, from signed offer letter to new hire orientation. You’ll be the communication hub for internal teams and the new hires, from owning the new hire dashboard to getting I9s completed, to scheduling New Employee Orientation.
- Create reports to share metrics to measure success of our Recruiting and DEI programs. Own data integrity in the applicant tracking system.
- Support Recruiting by scheduling interviews, debrief meetings.
- Employee Engagement
- Handle ad-hoc queries from the HR team and managers alike
- Own the office environment at Self: Coordinate with building management, external vendor management, order supplies, kitchen, breakroom.
What we want you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant years of experience; PHR/SHRM-CP certification is a plus
- At least 2+ years of experience in HR administration
- Analytical skills, curiosity and tech-savvy. Must be comfortable with Google Workspace. Pluses: Proficiency with an HRIS (we use UKG Ready), Greenhouse ATS and Confluence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Excellent project management, writing, and oral communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail, responsive, persistent and demonstrate strong initiative
- Have excellent time management, organizational, and follow-through skills.
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.