AI & Machine Learning Intern
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
About the Role
What you'll do:
- Participate in data science discussions, projects, and challenges
- Write well-documented code
- Work as a member of a team
- Doing data analysis
- ETL/ data transformation
- preparing reports and presenting to executives
- Opportunity to work with real-world use cases and complex financial data
What we want you to have:
- Deep knowledge of math, probability, statistics, and algorithms
- Ability to write robust code in Python,
- Experience with libraries such as NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Scikit-Learn, Matplotlib, etc
- Current Masters's student or Ph.D. student in a quantitative field
- no prior experience is required
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many companies cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Company Equity in the form of RSUs
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Paid parental leave
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.