Brand Designer, Website
This role must work from the Pacific Time Zone, preferably within the Bay Area.
We are looking for a talented Website Designer/Brand Designer to join our Brand Experience Team. As a Website Designer/Brand Designer, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining Sendbird's digital presence across all online channels. This includes designing the company website, landing pages, email campaigns, social media graphics, and other online assets that represent our brand. You will also have the ability to set up a design system and component library for the website. We are working on a site refresh this year optimized for user experience and search engine visibility that you will get to participate in and influence. The majority of your work will focus on digital projects but you will also work on billboards, prints, and brand identity.
What You Will Do
- Design Sendbird's website, landing pages, and other online assets that align with our brand guidelines and business objectives.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and develop design solutions that meet their needs.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to communicate design concepts and iterate on design ideas.
- Develop and maintain a consistent visual language across all online channels, including the website, email campaigns, social media graphics, and other digital assets.
- Apply UX thinking to your designs to ensure a seamless user experience across all online channels.
- Create and maintain a design system and component library for the website to ensure consistency and scalability.
- Stay up-to-date with design trends, best practices, and emerging technologies, and apply this knowledge to improve Sendbird's digital presence.
- Ensure all design assets are optimized for performance, accessibility, and SEO.
Who You Are
- You have an impeccable design aesthetic that resonates with our current brand look
- You are autonomous but collaborative
- You know how to turn business objectives into engaging design that drives attraction
- You are organized and process oriented
- You can manage competing priorities across several stakeholders
- You have an entrepreneurial drive to get things done from project initiation to delivery.
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What You Offer
- Proven work experience as a Web Designer
- 3+ years of experience in website design, brand design, or a related field.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise in digital design, including website design, email campaigns, social media graphics, and design systems and component libraries.
- Proficient in design software such as Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- 20 days PTO, 12 paid US company holidays, 5 sick days, 2 volunteer days, plus a rest/rejuvenation and birthday day off
- Company subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Parental leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Be Your Best Self: An annual stipend of $3,500 (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, to gym memberships, to books, to fitness classes, to mental health services, to massages
We will ask each Sendbirdian to follow the guidelines in place for their location regarding gathering, masking, vaccination, and testing. For our San Mateo headquarters you can find current local guidelines here.
Founded in 2015, Sendbird is the leading user engagement platform trusted by modern digital apps like DoorDash, Reddit, Yahoo, and Match Group and Global 500 companies such as UnitedHealth, DHL, LG, and Virgin Mobile. We allow any app or website to quickly and easily embed rich, real-time chat, voice, and video experiences to create connections with users and between users. This could be connecting drivers and consumers in a timely fashion to reduce cancellations for a delivery app, helping buyers get their questions answered from sellers to increase transactions in a digital marketplace, or increasing engagement between users in an online community. The platform has over 230M MAUs from over 50 countries operating in industries ranging from marketplaces, ride-sharing, and online communities to gaming, live video streaming, and healthcare. Sendbird is rapidly growing unicorn start-up headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; New York, Seoul, London, Seoul, Singapore, and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M with a $1 Billion+ valuation from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator
Finally, there is no such thing as a perfect candidate. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We encourage you to apply if this role excites you. At Sendbird, one of our core values is Global Citizenship. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal state, or local law.
Something looks off?