Developer Relations Engineer (Mobile)
We are looking for a passionate Developer Advocate to join our growing team. The ideal candidate should have hands-on experience in developing applications using iOS, Android, and React platforms. You will be responsible for creating high-quality sample applications and comprehensive tutorials that showcase the capabilities of our products and services, while emphasizing your ability to develop, test, and maintain these sample applications.
What You Will Do
- Develop exemplary applications for iOS, Android, and React platforms, highlighting the features and capabilities of our products and services.
- Influence product roadmaps and improvements by providing valuable feedback from the developer community and your own development experiences.
- Craft comprehensive and easy-to-follow tutorials, incorporating code snippets, explanations, and step-by-step guidance for developers at all levels.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to ensure alignment of sample applications and tutorials with current product features and best practices.
- Engage and connect with the developer community through various channels, including social media, forums, blogs, and conferences, sharing your expertise and showcasing the benefits of our offerings.
- Monitor key performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of your sample applications and tutorials, refining your approach to optimize engagement and learning outcomes.
- Remain current with the latest trends and technologies in iOS, Android, and React development, ensuring the relevance and currency of our tutorials and sample applications.
Who You Are
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Robust programming skills and experience in developing applications for iOS, Android, and React platforms.
- A proven track record of creating high-quality sample applications and comprehensive tutorials, focusing on clarity, accuracy, and user engagement.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with developer communities through various channels, such as social media, forums, blogs, or conferences.
- Familiarity with version control systems, continuous integration, and continuous deployment practices.
- A self-motivated, detail-oriented approach and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Candidates who are passionate about empowering the developer community and possess the technical expertise required to create engaging, informative, and practical content. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for our employees, and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you believe you have the skills and passion needed to excel in this role, we would be delighted to hear from you. Apply now and join our team!
Our KR benefits include (but are not limited to)
- Silicon Valley's equity program (1-year cliff)
- Remote work policy, flexible work hours
- Be Your Best Self: 3.9 million won (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, to gym memberships, to books, to fitness classes, to mental health services, to massages
- Support for home office set up such as motion desks, chairs, monitors, and AirPods
- Learn a Language benefit - up to 3.6 million won per year towards language lessons
- Weekly office lunch
- Monthly team building cost
- Partial support for commuting costs
- Free parking at the Seolleung office
- Group insurance support that covers employees, spouses, and children
- Medical checkup support, including MRI and genetic testing - for the employee and one family member
- Seven additional paid holidays in addition to annual leave (Boost leave, Birthday leave, etc.)
- Support for the latest work devices, such as MacBook Pro (special support options for each job position)
- Unlimited snack bar filled with snacks, beverages, and instant noodles every day
- 12-week paid parental leave support (available for both mothers and fathers)
- Other support programs for congratulations and condolences
The Future of Work at Sendbird 2.0
Sendbird values both work efficiency and team collaboration, and relationship building. For that purpose, we operate the new Future of Work 2.0 system. Those who live within an hour's commute to work will go to the office once a week to achieve synergy while autonomously choosing the best place and time to work together. Depending on your residence, organization, or nature of work, the frequency of attendance will be determined by consulting with the team.
What diversity and inclusion mean to us
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate and the best employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities and encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
At Sendbird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world with a mission to build connections in a digital world. Conversations have always been the way people build relationships and get things done and our goal is to put the power of conversations in the hands of every developer and brand by making apps more social through chat, voice and video.
Sendbird is rapidly growing unicorn start-up headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; New York, London, Seoul, Singapore, and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M with a $1 Billion+ valuation from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator.
Something looks off?