We are currently seeking a talented and dedicated Documentation Engineer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of at least one platform (iOS, Android, or Web using React) and experience in writing API and SDK documentation for Sendbird Chat SDK.
What you will do
- Develop, maintain, and update comprehensive technical documentation, including API/SDK guides, developer tutorials, and sample code snippets for Sendbird Chat SDK on iOS, Android, and/or Web (React) platforms.
- Work closely with software engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to gather technical information and understand product features, workflows, and implementation details.
- Ensure that documentation is accurate, clear, and adheres to company and industry standards.
- Review and edit the documentation of other team members to maintain consistency and quality.
- Provide code snippets and examples in relevant programming languages to demonstrate the usage of various API and SDK features.
- Support developers by answering queries, creating relevant FAQs, and troubleshooting guides related to Sendbird Chat SDK.
- Continuously enhance documentation based on user feedback, analytics, and industry trends.
- Collaborate with localization teams to make documentation available in multiple languages.
- Participate in planning, scoping, and estimation of documentation projects and timelines.
- Stay current with the latest developments in Sendbird Chat SDK and the platforms it supports (iOS, Android, and Web).
What you'll bring to the role
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in writing technical documentation for software development, with a focus on APIs and SDKs.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, or Web (React).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and the ability to explain complex technical concepts to a diverse audience.
- Experience working with documentation tools, version control systems (e.g., Git), and issue tracking systems (e.g., Jira).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies is a plus.
We are specifically interest in
- Candidates with a proven track record of producing high-quality technical documentation for APIs and SDKs in the context of chat or messaging applications.
- Individuals who can demonstrate their ability to adapt to new technologies quickly and effectively.
- Candidates who are passionate about creating user-friendly and accessible documentation that empowers developers and enhances product adoption.
Our KR benefits include (but are not limited to)
- Silicon Valley's equity program (1-year cliff)
- Remote work policy, flexible work hours
- Be Your Best Self: 3.9 million won (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, to gym memberships, to books, to fitness classes, to mental health services, to massages
- Support for home office set up such as motion desks, chairs, monitors, and AirPods
- Learn a Language benefit - up to 3.6 million won per year towards language lessons
- Weekly office lunch
- Monthly team building cost
- Partial support for commuting costs
- Free parking at the Seolleung office
- Group insurance support that covers employees, spouses, and children
- Medical checkup support, including MRI and genetic testing - for the employee and one family member
- Seven additional paid holidays in addition to annual leave (Boost leave, Birthday leave, etc.)
- Support for the latest work devices, such as MacBook Pro (special support options for each job position)
- Unlimited snack bar filled with snacks, beverages, and instant noodles every day
- 12-week paid parental leave support (available for both mothers and fathers)
- Other support programs for congratulations and condolence
The Future of Work at Sendbird 2.0
Sendbird values both work efficiency and team collaboration, and relationship building. For that purpose, we operate the new Future of Work 2.0 system. Those who live within an hour's commute to work will go to the office once a week to achieve synergy while autonomously choosing the best place and time to work together. Depending on your residence, organization, or nature of work, the frequency of attendance will be determined by consulting with the team.
What diversity and inclusion mean to us
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate and the best employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities and encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
Something looks off?