Senior Marketing Data Analyst
Sendbird is excited to add a position to our Data Analytics team! As a Senior Marketing Data Analyst, you will be synthesizing insights to drive critical decision-making and achieve successful business outcomes for our global organization. You will be an integral member of the Sendbird Data Analytics team with a strong dotted line to the Marketing and Growth team. You will be responsible for building strong partnerships, defining key metrics, ensuring instrumentation and data availability, and advancing analytic objectives across our business domains.
About the Team
The Data Analytics team is a part of the Revenue Operations organization that also includes Strategy/Planning, Marketing Operations, and Sales Operations. Across the lead-to-cash cycle, we own the processes, systems, and analytics for driving Go To Market leadership, alignment, and excellence.
Who You Are
- An analyst with a strong voice for data-driven decision-making and 360 transparency.
- A superstar who can go beyond the dashboard, able to deal with data from multiple sources and varying levels of completeness/accuracy.
- Deeply experienced with data enrichment, hygiene, transformation, and visualization.
- A self-motivated individual with sound business/risk judgment.
- Able to create structure in ambiguous situations.
- High emotional quotient and strong communication skills.
- Effective in project management and working across teams.
What You Will Do
- Work with relevant stakeholders to establish key metrics. You will determine baselines/goals for major initiatives (e.g. quarterly OKRs) and for specific projects (campaign ROI, product adoption/usage, etc).
- Partner with other teams to set up and onboard dashboards, train for self-sufficiency on usage and standard reporting, and field requests for more complex requests (joins, statistical analysis, etc).
- Identify gaps in data and proactively solve them by aligning with stakeholders to ensure we are correctly instrumented and have availability of data in proper structure and formats.
- Organize our data definitions, taxonomy, collection strategies, system hierarchies, etc.
- Report weekly on key metrics with commentary on any significant changes. Report monthly and/or quarterly on ad-hoc investigations to communicate any surprising trends or movements.
- Analyze historical data to track performance, identifying levers for change, and areas for improvement.
- You will be our champion for implementing data best practices across Sendbird’s global organization.
What You Bring
- 5+ Years of experience as an Analyst or in a Data Insights role at a B2B Saas growth company.
- 3+ Years of relevant experience in Inbound/Outbound Marketing measurement, Product Led Growth and Sales Led Growth, and Account-Based Marketing and Selling.
- The ability to manipulate and query with SQL is mandatory; Python and/or R is a plus.
- Looker / Excel / Google Sheets guru.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a science or technical focus, A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Consulting experience is a plus.
Our US benefits include (but are not limited to)
- 20 days PTO, 12 paid US company holidays, 5 sick days, 2 volunteer days, plus a rest/rejuvenation and birthday day off
- Company subsidized medical, dental, vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts or Health Savings Accounts, depending on your selected health insurance plan
- Equity program
- 401K program
- Parental leave
- Life and disability insurance
- Be Your Best Self: An annual stipend of $3,500 (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, gym memberships, books, fitness classes, mental health services and massages
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location. To determine our ranges, we utilize a variety of compensation data benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. A reasonable estimate of the current salary range for this role is $120,000 - $155,000. This range is specific to the San Francisco Bay market. We consider several factors when making final compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs which may cause your specific offer to vary from the amount listed above.
Flexible Work Policy
We offer a flexible work schedule at Sendbird. We also value collaboration and relationship building. With those values in mind, we require for all employees within an hour commute range of their local office to gather with their team in office once per week as a minimum. Some of our roles require a more frequent in-office schedule. Please work with your manager to understand the office time requirements for your position.
What diversity and inclusion mean to us
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate and the best employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and skillsets. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities and encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
At Sendbird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world with a mission to build connections in a digital world. Conversations have always been the way people build relationships and get things done and our goal is to put the power of conversations in the hands of every developer and brand by making apps more social through chat, voice and video.
Sendbird is rapidly growing unicorn start-up headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; New York, London, Seoul, Singapore, and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M with a $1 Billion+ valuation from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator.
We will ask each Sendbirdian to follow the guidelines in place for their location regarding gathering, masking, vaccination, and testing. For our San Mateo headquarters you can find current local guidelines here.
Something looks off?