Technical Product Manager, Chat
As a Technical Product Manager, you will be working with colleagues from Engineering, Product and our Customers on the shared goal of delivering the best chat experience for their users. You will define the future of the messaging product and what your team should work on alongside leaders from Engineering and Product.
This position will work closely with our US partners and requires an ability to communicate fluently in a business environment in English & Korean.
What You Will Do
- Drive messaging product from setting the vision, delivering the product, and bringing it to market
- Design simple, intuitive API to solve complex architectural problems
- Define the product and customer experience with business requirements and user stories and manage the scope of each product launch to deliver on time
- Understand and analyze user needs for messaging in their applications
- Analyze market trends, competitors, customer research, and product data to drive the overall success of the product
- Partner with designers to create an intuitive and beautiful user experience
- Work with engineers to build and launch new features
- Assist Sales, Marketing, Support and Customer success as the subject matter expert
- Talk to customers regularly through roadmap presentation or product research/feedback
- Help evangelize product vision through presentations to stakeholders
Who You Are
- Graduated with Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a product management role
- Strong understanding of software development using APIs and SDKs
- Strong communication skills including proficiency in written and verbal English and Korean
- Experience developing and releasing SDKs, APIs, and services aimed at software developers.
- Experience developing application front end for mobile or web applications as a product manager.
- Experience building products by collaborating across engineering, marketing, design, customer support and other key stakeholders
- Strong execution and ability to drive work to completion
- Ability to drive, contribute to, and communicate solutions to technical product challenges
- Demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software products
- Strong understanding of Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience with Sendbird products
- Experience in working on chat-related products (i.e. chatbot, support chat)
- Experience in developing dashboard-like/internal tools product
Our KR benefits include (but are not limited to)
- Silicon Valley's equity program (1-year cliff)
- Remote work policy, flexible work hours
- Be Your Best Self: 3.9 million won (prorated by start date) for expenses ranging from professional development classes and training, to personality assessments, to gym memberships, to books, to fitness classes, to mental health services, to massages
- Support for home office set up such as motion desks, chairs, monitors, and AirPods
- Learn a Language benefit - up to 3.6 million won per year towards language lessons
- Weekly office lunch
- Monthly team building cost
- Partial support for commuting costs
- Free parking at the Seolleung office
- Group insurance support that covers employees, spouses, and children
- Medical checkup support, including MRI and genetic testing - for the employee and one family member
- Seven additional paid holidays in addition to annual leave (Boost leave, Birthday leave, etc.)
- Support for the latest work devices, such as MacBook Pro (special support options for each job position)
- Unlimited snack bar filled with snacks, beverages, and instant noodles every day
- 12-week paid parental leave support (available for both mothers and fathers)
- Other support programs for congratulations and condolences
The Future of Work at Sendbird 2.0
Sendbird values both work efficiency and team collaboration, and relationship building. For that purpose, we operate the new Future of Work 2.0 system. Those who live within an hour's commute to work will go to the office once a week to achieve synergy while autonomously choosing the best place and time to work together. Depending on your residence, organization, or nature of work, the frequency of attendance will be determined by consulting with the team.
What diversity and inclusion mean to us
There is no such thing as a perfect candidate and the best employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and skill sets. Sendbird is a place where everyone can learn and grow. We respect, promote, and encourage diversity for equal employment opportunities and encourage you to apply if this role excites you.
At Sendbird, we are building the most scalable and powerful chat API in the world with a mission to build connections in a digital world. Conversations have always been the way people build relationships and get things done and our goal is to put the power of conversations in the hands of every developer and brand by making apps more social through chat, voice and video.
Sendbird is rapidly growing unicorn start-up headquartered in San Mateo, CA with additional offices in; New York, London, Seoul, Singapore, and Bengaluru and has raised over $220M with a $1 Billion+ valuation from leading investors, including: ICONIQ Capital, STEADFAST Capital Ventures, Tiger Global Management, Shasta Ventures, Softbank Vision Fund 2, and Y Combinator.
Something looks off?