What We'll Bring:The candidate for this software development position will architect, design, develop and test software applications within the Neustar ENUM Registry Program for its Data Integration System, which includes development for Carrier Data Onboarding, API integration , Call Analytics and Reporting platform to feed downstream databases that process real-time API queries from customers for Routing SMS/voice calls.
What You'll Bring:
The candidate will be responsible for working with the Software Engineering personnel, Business Development group, and end Customers to help develop applications and infrastructure for Telecommunications applications. Candidate must have experience working with product teams to determine functional requirements, software architecting, design, and building enterprise class, web based, reporting and provisioning systems in Java, and good understanding of the telecommunications domain. Responsible for requirements definition/interpretation, detailed design specifications for the coding, unit testing, implementation, and maintenance of software modules for both new and existing systems.
Impact You'll Make:
- Negotiate and understand detailed functional requirements with the product team.
- Design and document software components that meet organization standards and strategic direction.
- Code high quality software components in accordance with organizational standards, technical requirements, and detailed designs.
- Work in an Agile scrum team and provide technical leadership to a small development team. This will include ensuring that the team’s development tasks are communicated and understood; software design and code adhere to the strategic direction.
- Effectively participate in a team oriented environment that involves continuous design reviews, code reviews, and collaboration.
- Proactively communicate with Development Management and/or regarding the status and potential impacts on the delivery date and/or expected quality of tasks and projects.
- Provide technical guidance and product expertise to Customer Delivery and Operations to resolve production issues
- Follow established development processes for assigned projects. This position will be responsible for planning, deploying, supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting applications, services and solutions in support of Neustar’s Data Solutions.
- 4- 6 years of experience developing complex, reliable software systems based on Java.
- 4+ years of experience in Object Oriented programming; Expert proficiency in Java, J2EE, JSPs, JDBC.
- 4+ years of experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Expertise with Database design including Relational and NoSQL databases.
- Analyzing requirements and design scalable solutions to handle large data volume while producing and testing build artifacts using continuous integration toolsets.
- Experience working in an Agile development process/environment.
- Experience with Maven, Ant, Git and/or similar build tools.
- Experience with Web Services, WSDL, SSL certificate management.
- Experience with IDE. Eclipse is preferred.
- Complete development life cycle experience from design through implementation.
- Creative, flexible, and able to fill multiple functions within a development team.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and developing enterprise class systems with stringent availability, performance and SLA requirements.
- Demonstrated experience of software development in enterprise-grade web-based applications
- Experience with virtualization and containerization solutions like VMWare, Docker and Kubernetes will be a plus.
- Experience with Continuous Deployment and configuration management tools (eg: Ansible, Jenkins) will be a plus
- Experience with Telecom Domain especially Protocol Interface with Database Query will be a plus
- Good communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
Job Qualifications: (professional and/or technical certifications, education)
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
TransUnion Job TitleDeveloper, Applications Programming