Senior Counsel- FCRA Litigation
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver’s seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- FCRA litigation experience is required
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required and 4+ years of experience as an attorney with a strong litigation history.
- Ability to work closely in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment with other attorneys, executives and administrators.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (logic, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making).
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a significant and diverse work flow in an effective and timely manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Impact You'll Make:
- Strategically analyzing and valuing resolution of of in-house FCRA individual litigation matters including root cause analysis, initial case strategies and updating/reporting to senior leaders regarding these matters, business impact, and lessons learned.
- Provide proactive legal counsel to stakeholders, including TransUnion management.
- Review, negotiate, and draft settlement agreements and related documents.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company-related business
Percentage of work:
- 20% strategic thought and legal analysis
- 80% individual contributing management of litigation portfolio
We’re supported by flexible benefits that not only cover us but our families. We offer a variety of benefit plans and options that vary by region, country and location.
Some highlights that apply to our U.S. associates include:
- Flexible time off for exempt associates
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Adoption assistance
- Infertility coverage
- Spousal and domestic partner benefits
- Charity gift matching
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Retirement contributions
- … and more
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Sr Counsel, Legal Counsel