Information Security Consultant
What We'll Bring:As a Senior Consultant, you should have 6-8 years of hands-on information security experience, and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field.
What You'll Bring:
You should have expertise and experience in the following technical and professional areas:
- Experience with designing, developing and implementing security processes, controls and technologies
- Knowledge of Secure SDLC practices
- Working experience with multiple of the following: Vulnerability Management, AV, IDS/IPS, Content Filtering, DLP and Incident Response
- Working knowledge of industry frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001/27002 , PCI-DSS,CIS,NIST cyber security framework
- Ability to operate independently as an information security advisor and a hands-on contributor on technology deployments and other projects
- Experience with performing system audits and security assessments, and in interfacing with external auditors
- Experience with reporting security metrics (dashboards, KPIs, KRIs)
- Understanding of Web applications and Layer 7 network protocols
- Working knowledge in at least two of the following: Windows, Open Systems and TCP/IP network sec
- Working knowledge of public cloud platforms such as M365, Azure, and AWS
- Security certification such as CISSP, GIAC or CISM a plus
- Experience in working at global financial institutions a plus
Impact You'll Make:
How you’ll Contribute:
- Act as a strategic security advisor on application development and technology deployment projects, maintaining a working knowledge of TransUnion’s Information Security Policy and standards and, when needed, collaborate with regional and global Information Security leads and subject matter experts to provide guidance on security posture.
- Monitor threat and vulnerability management tools for alerts or changes in TransUnion’s security disposition and respond to anomalous events accordingly. This includes assisting the Global Security Operations Center with local security investigations and coordinating with IT leaders and engineers as appropriate.
- Assist in planning, adoption and implementation of TransUnion’s security posture and solutions in Africa’s technology environments and platforms.
- Maintain and test incident response process and ensure its integration with the Global Threat Management framework.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of current security deviations, open assessment and audit findings, vulnerabilities, and alignment to TU’s security posture.
- Provide local operational support for information security tools such as Content Filtering, DLP, IDS/IPS, AV, WAF and others
For positions based in South Africa, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from designated groups in line with the company's Employment Equity plan and targets.
TransUnion Job TitleSr Consultant, Information Security