Sr Analyst- Data Science and Analytics
What We'll Bring:Sr. Analyst, Data Science and Analytics
What You'll Bring:
What we'll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- We provide a modern computing environment based on best-in-class "big data" and cloud computing technologies and the freedom to explore new data sources and statistical and machine learning methodologies.
- Our Analytics team is home to some of the most brilliant minds in the market. Here, we will not only understand your stats jokes, we'll appreciate them.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelors (4 year) degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field. And, at least five (5) years of professional experience performing analytic work in Financial Services, consumer credit, or a related industry
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
- Advanced programming skills; proficiency with a statistical language such as R; experience using other programming and data manipulation languages preferred (SQL, Hive, Pig, Python); high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments effectively
- Ability to travel 10-20%
Impact You'll Make:
What we'd prefer to see:
- Master's or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative field. And, at least two (2) years of professional experience performing analytic work in Financial Services, consumer credit, or a related industry
- Familiarity with credit bureau data and business practices
- Familiarity with R (including R Markdown) programming language and code hosting and collaboration tools (e.g., Bitbucket) preferred
- Model risk management experience or an interest and capability to learn model risk governance and controls preferred
- Comfortable serving as a model governance subject matter expert, escalating risks as necessary, and gaining necessary approval for risk acceptance as appropriate.
- Experienced in designing, developing, and deploying consumer credit models for the Financial Services industry
- Operates independently in a complex and dynamic, matrixed environment
- Experienced working in a company with a global presence
- Experience with modern "big data" frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, cloud)
- Quick learner with uncanny ability to pick up new technologies, tools, processes, and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
Impact you'll make:
This position is responsible for developing data-driven solutions to challenging and complex problems related to IT infrastructure/ operations, data ingestion and quality control, and enhancing customer experience. You will also be responsible for consumer credit models, strategies, and business intelligence solutions through consulting engagements and research serving TransUnion and its clients. This position requires understanding consumer lending and credit risk management practices.
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long-term value-added product propositions for B2B customers in TransUnion's US financial services segment. This includes but is not limited to the development of predictive risk management and business intelligence solutions for credit card issuers, auto & mortgage lenders, collections agencies, and retail banks.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of model risk management policies, procedures, and guides establishing and reinforcing the model risk management framework.
- Collect and maintain all supporting model documentation from model developers for validation.
- Review and challenge model development documentation and validation reports for compliance with model risk management policies, procedures, and guides.
- Respond to client model documentation requests, including the delivery of appropriate TransUnion documentation and the completion of client-specific documentation while balancing the protection of TransUnion’s intellectual property.
- Collaborate with model developers and other stakeholders (e.g., Legal and Compliance) to streamline the model governance process including the creation of relevant templates and standard documentation verbiage.
- Maintain the model inventory including recommending and implementing enhancements as appropriate.
- Create and publish all necessary internal and external model risk management reporting.
- Create and manage the annual model validation plan and ensure timely completion.
- Prepare requested documentation for regulatory and internal audit reviews.
- Develop, maintain, and present model risk management training materials to key stakeholders.
- Lead or engage in model risk management initiatives as part of the framework build out and ongoing operations
- You will lead analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive leveraging various techniques (e.g., segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, scenario and sensitivity analysis).
- You will design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation, and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, Python, SQL, Hive, and Spark on Linux, PC, and other big data computing platforms.
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers and an executive audience.
- You will develop project proposals, sales presentations, and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion.
- You will identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion's analytic products and services.
- You will provide mentorship and training to junior colleagues and maintain progress on all initiatives under limited direct supervision.
- You will foster a high-performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion Job TitleSr Analyst, Data Science and Analytics