Consultant, Data Science and Analytics
What We'll Bring:Job Description Summary
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You'll Bring:
Manages statistical and programming professionals in the execution of various advanced statistical analysis techniques. As a result, the incumbent is fully competent in regression, segmentation, clustering, and other advanced statistical analysis techniques and has a detailed understanding as to the nature of credit bureau information and the processes associated with the gathering, cleansing and loading of accounts receivable information into TransUnion’s consumer credit reporting data base. Translates statistical analysis in to easy to understand reports and presentations. Assists customers by understanding and anticipating their business needs associated with the use of credit bureau information and by helping them formulate their decision support needs and assisting their implementation of solutions relying upon the application and use of credit bureau information. Interacts with key customers and customer segments to identify data gaps between TransUnion and its competitors and opportunities to meet customer data quality expectations.
We would love to see:
- Master’s degree in Statistics or other related field such as mathematics, business, finance, economics, or equivalent with 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- In depth knowledge of consumer credit reporting and analytical software and techniques. Experience in designing and implementing statistical and data simulation platforms associated with the analysis and modeling of consumer credit behaviors.
- Advanced programming skills; proficiency with a statistical language such as R or Python; and a high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- Proven project management skills. Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills required. Technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision making skills required.
- Proficiency in performing multiple tasks and dealing with changing deadline requirements required to include knowing when to escalate issues.
- Maintains a focused, flexible, organized and proactive manner. Proven ability to train and mentor statistical and technical professionals.
Impact You'll Make:
- Manages research and analysis processes for projects in one or more of the following areas: marketing, risk, profitability, technology, geography, or other related topics. Leads in proposal development by transforming client or perspective client requirements into consultative solutions that demonstrate value added services. Leads complex research, analysis, and modeling projects and products from idea generation through implementation.
- Consults with customers to identify and determine analytical requirements; and to integrate target marketing, account decisioning, and account management strategies and products with existing or other processes, systems, and operations.
- Tests the application on use of credit bureau information to solve industry broad industry problems and converts test results into generic products that can be offered. Provides technical product support for new and existing products and services developed by TransUnion.
- Manages research and analysis processes for database projects in one or more of the following areas: change in data, elimination of data, addition of data and compliance constraints.
- Manages identification/development of analytical products though a variety of analytical techniques. Evaluates financial and business impact of various products and services. Collaborates with outside organizations in partnerships to assist common customers. Acts as liaison between clients and other departments within TransUnion to offer “total solutions”.
- Understands industry trends and the business at the level needed to proactively identify areas of business opportunities and analytical needs of customers.
- Makes formal presentations at meetings, conventions, and other speaking engagements in a particular area of business or statistical expertise. Creates and conducts associate training programs for various TransUnion departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
TransUnion Job TitleConsultant, Data Science and Analytics