Sr DevOps Engineer
What We'll Bring:A welcoming product-concentric operations team with a focus on DevOps skills. A carrier-grade production environment under 5 9’s SLA, with consistent pursuit of best practices that match the modern usage of DevOps technologies. An environment where every day the work you do will have an impact on millions of people. A PI planning process with regular recurring team Scrum calls. A collaborative and flexible team culture with a mixture of work that covers project work, customer support, on-call incidents, regularly scheduled maintenances, and DevOps automation with industry-standard modern toolchain. A team based out of multiple countries spanning both sides of the globe. A company-wide focus on “tech transformation” and modernization of all aspects of our environment.
An opportunity in a large environment that both challenges and empowers each team member to envision, engineer, and implement solutions to challenging problems.
A career-growth opportunity with flexible time off, workplace location flexibility and tuition reimbursement that values the pursuit of self-driven excellence, acting with integrity, being innovative, active participation, and taking pride in the work being done.
What You'll Bring:
- Honesty, integrity, equality, passion for technology, strong communication skills, self-driven nature, and determination to find success.
- Strong proficiency in common Linux-environment skills/technologies (CentOS/RedHat, BASH, Git).
- Hands-on experience utilizing containers in a production environment.
- Experience creating Jenkinsfiles, Ansible roles/playbooks, or coding in any programming/scripting language.
- Willingness to participate in an alternating team-based on-call rotation.
- A strong desire to “Automate all the things”.
We’d love to see:
- Experience working with or administering cloud technologies (such as Terraform or Kubernetes) or working within a cloud environment.
- Experience creating and layering custom Docker images.
- Experience designing CI/CD pipelines within a production environment.
Impact You'll Make:
We are looking for someone who will be a keystone to our team’s expansion into Costa Rica and will help facilitate our team’s overall mission to help architect the usage of future state technologies, and to help maintain our service portfolios and environments. Participate in the management of a large environment of servers spanning multiple countries, cloud and on-premise environments.
- Help foster and add to an already excellent team culture of cooperation and the continued pursuit of best practices.
- Have an opportunity to help envision, design, and deploy automation in a production environment.
- Learn, support, and improve the specific usage of key operational technologies and principles including, but not limited to databases, load balancers, monitoring & alerting, high-availability, and incident management.
- Help to maintain a secure posture through best practice operational approaches to security vulnerability remediation.
- Participate in a standards-based team that encourages you to explore new modern best practice technologies.
- Regular training sessions are held on various topics to provide an on-going mechanism by which continual opportunities are offered to learn more about our various services and technologies in use.
TransUnion Job TitleSr Engineer, Development Ops