What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for their first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Related engineering degree and equivalent work experience.
- At least 4+ years of technical solutions/Software development for products/projects.
- Strong technical background in software product development; good working knowledge of technology up and down the Dot Net stack with a distinguished track record on implementing technically demanding projects.
- Strong organizational effectiveness and communication skills.
- Experience building and configuring ASP.NET applications including MVC, Web API and WCF.
- Excellent knowledge of Visual Studio, C#, SQL, SSIS/SSRS, Entity Framework and Git source control.
- Knowledge of unit/integration testing frameworks like MSTest.
- Experience building Angular JS applications including bootstrap.
- Experience in using Angular JS with angular forms, http services, two way binding and injection services in components.
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework.
- Experience with Database Development (Advanced SQL) and SQL Service Integration Services.
- Proven experience working in and maturing Agile methodologies.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment; working with peers and supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Ability to understand cultural differences and to work effectively with diverse markets.
- Ability to remain flexible and adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- An inner drive, strong work ethic, ability to learn quickly and the desire to grow.
- Domestic and/or international travel may be required.
Impact You'll Make:
The candidate will be responsible for the delivery of application solutions through design, development (coding), implementation and/or maintenance of various custom solutions, and/or configuration of Transunion’s decisioning platform as well as other global applications systems within the prescribed delivery timeline or service level standards. He/She will actively participate, and at times, lead, during the design process, and is responsible for preparing/writing technical specifications or other relevant documentation. His/her interaction includes dealing with external customers and internal or cross-functional teams within TransUnion.
- Act as a key member of the team working on the DecisionEdge product in a hands-on and fast-paced role.
- Partner with internal business resources and technical teams to analyze requirements to deliver solutions to complex issues.
- Work with customers to elicit and document business and functional requirements.
- Be responsible for configuring the customers’ requirements into business ready solutions.
- Improve the efficiency of business operations, applications and operating systems
- Participate in development and oversee maintenance of code to ensure consistency, quality and performance of applications.
- Evaluate and implement application development and quality frameworks to enable fast application delivery.
- Interact with Customers in challenging situations and be the first line of contacts.
- Produce high-quality functional solutions as well as unit and integration tests.
- Address existing technical debt.
- Provide code reviews for other team members.
- Assess the technical implementation of a solution (as it is being proposed to address customer’s business requirements) and determine manhour estimates to deliver/build the solution
- Design, develop, implement and/or maintain solutions using TransUnion decisioning platform (primary platform) as well as other global application systems
- Participate during full development life cycle such as user requirements study and analysis, requirement definition, feasibility study, functional and technical specifications development, system analysis and design, programming, testing and implementation.
- Write codes and/or configure solutions (including Unit Testing) in accordance to the required specification and in adherence to best practice and coding standards
- Prepare release packages, release notes and other relevant documentation for release deployments
- Ensure adequate documentation for all stages of application development
- Prepare standard operating procedures for the ongoing maintenance of the application
- Provide application support for the setup/maintenance of development, UAT and/or production environment
TransUnion Job TitleDeveloper, Applications Development