Release Train Engineer
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You'll Bring:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ of applicable business experience in Information Technology and risk industry (credit or financial services background preferred).
- Scrum Master (SM) certification with 3+ years’ experience working with and coaching Scrum Teams.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Release Train Engineer (RTE) managing and facilitating Program Increment (PI) planning readiness, PI planning events, PI execution, and program level improvements etc.
- Experience working in an Agile organization using Scrum, XP, Kanban, Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Servant leader and strong communicator with strong facilitation and collaboration skills.
We'd Love to See:
- Certification(s) in Agile methodologies (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, PMI ACP, SA, SPC, RTE, SSM, SASM).
- Experience with Lean Portfolio Management facilitation for program, portfolio, or executive-level.
- Strong understanding of and demonstrated experience in using Clarity PPM, Rally and Jira.
- Experience with creating delivery metrics at team and ART levels to use for coaching/mentoring, retrospectives and for management awareness.
- Experience applying Lean Thinking and Systems Thinking in large organizations.
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies and Agile at Enterprise scale.
- Prior experience with Agile Transformation activities.
Impact You'll Make:
Our quest to modernizing the way we do technology is not slowing down anytime soon. We continue to make big strides in our agile transformation to bring the latest in products and solutions to our customers. Our agile teams have the potential to shape the future by solving thought-provoking problems and using transformational technology to further enhance our capabilities in this data-driven world. Helping our clients build trust begins with a strong team of innovators ready to pave the way with strategy and optimization in mind. You’ll have the chance to thrive in a culture of ownership and delivery as these efforts continue to expand. As technology evolves, our advantage in having an ecosystem of innovation and modernization creates an unmatchable environment. These advantages can enable you to be at the center of groundbreaking discoveries.
As an RTE, you will report to the Manager of the APMO Canada serving the Canadian ART which supporting Scrum Teams containing onshore and offshore Resources to deliver TransUnion Products and Solutions.
- Facilitating all ART ceremonies and events, as well as drive relentless improvement at the ART level.
- Understand the values and principles of Agile as outlined in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and be fully aligned to those values and principles.
- Building and managing timely communication channels with Stakeholders, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps ensure value delivery.
- Drives Lean-Agile transformation and engages in coaching leaders, teams, and SMs in the new processes and mindsets.
- Ensure Program governance, and drive Program level process improvement via PI Inspect & Adapt.
- Monitor the effectiveness of Program processes and performance and collaborate with the Product and IT teams on changes and improvements.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of how teams deliver product/service in the current structure and how multiple teams interact to deliver value.
- Manage dependencies through tracking upstream and downstream collaboration with teams that are part of Value Stream(s).
- Manage the implementation of reporting standards/KPIs across the ART and assist tracking the execution of features and capabilities.
- Active membership in the RTE Community of Practice helping the organization to maintain alignment, learn new techniques, and improve technical and quality practices.
- Work with the RTE community to determine ways to help ARTs across the company relentlessly improve.
Accommodation is available, including for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable laws.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Sr Consultant, Release Train Engineering