Consultant, Data Science & Analytics
What We'll Bring:• You will build projects with data scientists & solutions consultants on analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis through the consumer lending portfolio lifecycle, leveraging a variety of techniques (e.g., segmentation, logistic regression, etc).
• You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers.
• You will design and write programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, SAS, and Spark.
• You will foster a high performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
What You'll Bring:
- Leverage extensive datasets and various statistical software applications to develop and execute strategic quantitative analysis
- Investigate and report on complex data interactions to help identify and address our clients’ key strategic business opportunities
- Create statistical data models to be used as tools in the development of client portfolio strategies
- Analyze and interpret results of reports and models created to translate data into and create comprehensive, actionable solutions for our clients
- Effectively and accurately communicate analytical results and strategic implications within the context of a broader business setting
Impact You'll Make:
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, engineering, operations research, or another highly quantitative or scientific field; a consistent track record of academic excellence.
- At least five (5) years of professional experience performing analytic work in industries served by TransUnion, such as financial services, insurance, and digital marketing.
- Experience and demonstrated success in client-facing roles over a period of at least three (3) years
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem solving skills.
- Advanced programming skills; proficiency with a statistical language such as R or SAS; high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- Versatile interpersonal and communication style with the ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels within and outside the organization; ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
TransUnion Job TitleConsultant, Data Science and Analytics