Assistant Controller - International Segment
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver’s seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
TransUnion is looking for a high-performing accounting leader for the role of Assistant Controller, International Segment, reporting into the VP – International Controller, to provide leadership to the International segment accounting teams and ensure timely and accurate financial reporting for the segment. The position will have a direct report team to execute accounting and reporting activities at the overall segment level and will work closely with regional accounting teams to ensure the preparation of accurate financial statements in accordance with US GAAP and timely execution of internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. This individual is joining the International Segment accounting function during a period of significant transformation and growth within the segment and will have an opportunity to help shape the future state of the global accounting function.
This is an excellent opportunity to manage a dynamic and fast-paced accounting team supporting TransUnion’s growing International business segment. As the team’s leader, you’ll supervise the financial consolidation and reporting of a portfolio of companies that operate in over 30 countries across North America, Latin America, Europe, Africa, India, and Asia.
What You'll Bring:
- 10+ years relevant work experience (mix of public accounting and industry a plus), including leading a month-end close process
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, including revenue recognition, acquisition accounting, foreign currency accounting, and intercompany transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (MBA or MAS a plus)
- CPA required
- Recent experience in international accounting and finance and exposure to international accounting standards and statutory audits a plus
- Managerial / supervisory experience
- Demonstrated track record of career progression
- Proficiency with accounting information systems (PeopleSoft, OneStream, etc.), Microsoft Office products, BlackLine, Tableau
Skills / Qualities
- Ability to influence peers and other stakeholders to drive change in the organization
- High intellectual curiosity and learning agility
- Comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Self-starter who can work autonomously, but also desires to be a high-impact team player
Impact You'll Make:
- Lead the development and implementation of new processes and controls to ensure the accurate and timely consolidation of international subsidiaries across 7 regions in over 30 countries
- Prepare and review monthly financial statements, fluctuation analyses, and other ad hoc reports / analyses for business unit leaders (International CFO, regional CFOs, etc.)
- Lead the International segment monthly and quarterly close processes, including reviewing month-end consolidations, reconciliations, workpapers and analyses prepared by staff members and regional accounting teams and
- Partner with business leadership (International CFO, regional CFOs, etc.) to understand business priorities and initiatives and provide advice related to the impact of such priorities and initiatives on accounting, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Manage a team of direct reports on the International segment accounting team, including training and developing associates related to accounting standards, company policy, and other job responsibilities
- Address audit-related inquiries and serve as a main contact for internal and external auditors for the International segment
- Oversee and monitor the statutory audit process across the International segment and provide regular reporting to business and finance leadership
- Lead the development and implementation of new and segment-specific accounting policies and procedures
- Lead the technical accounting assessment for new, complex, or unusual transactions for the segment and report on the accounting implications of actions being considered to business and finance leadership
- Lead and drive the international segment accounting M&A activity and ensure acquisition, divestiture and investment activity is accurately recorded in the general ledger
- Partner with the VP – International Controller in the integration of newly acquired businesses
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Director, Accounting