Director, Market Strategy, Credit Card
What We'll Bring:The Director of Market Strategy for Financial Services Card and Banking is an integral part of TransUnion’s US Financial Services Team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that is helping build and implement exciting new strategies in an increasingly complex environment.
The Director of Market Strategy for Card and Banking will identify, evaluate, develop, and implement strategy to address shifting dynamics in the Credit Card and Community Financial Institution markets. The role comes with high visibility across the organization and is often tapped to lead critical initiatives across businesses. You will be part of a team focused on key interactions with business partners and key customers and the design and delivery of market-driven solutions.
You will lead small-to-medium sized projects, ensuring that initiatives are completed in a timely manner and that customer and stakeholder expectations are met. You will manage multiple projects, collaborate with cross-functional teams, understand overall priorities, and set expectations through clear and frequent communication (verbal and written). Additionally, you will compile, analyze, synthesize, and summarize qualitative and quantitative information from internal and external sources to address specific business needs and problems. Strategic work will be underpinned by a deep understanding of and involvement with key business drivers both for TransUnion and the customers that we serve.
What You'll Bring:
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following:
- Experience in Financial Services and Card and Banking
- Passion and ability to develop subject matter expertise in existing and emerging lending models that harness the power of credit, identity, and cash flow for underwriting
- Experience collaborating and presenting to senior-level managers and executives
- Proficient quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Solid organizational skills and a high degree of comfort managing multiple projects
- Robust interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record for completing projects on time and as expected
- Driven by intellectual curiosity and independent thinking
- Ability to lead by doing with a positive “can do” attitude
- Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time for client meetings and industry conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, accounting, mathematics, engineering or one of the hard sciences
- Master’s degree, preferably an M.B.A.
- Three or more years of post-MBA experience in management consulting, strategic planning, or corporate strategy
Impact You'll Make:
- Develop and help implement strategies for new innovations in Credit Card and Community Financial Institution markets
- Manage and lead key initiatives across a matrix-environment of stakeholders
- Be the trusted advisor for our Leadership, Solutions, Sales, Finance, and other matrix teams
- Draw key insights from deep data and market analysis to develop business cases, forecast models and market segmentation to enable new solutions to our customers’ most critical problems
- Present conclusions and recommendations to key decision-makers including developing supporting documentation
- You will lead our Credit Card Advisory Boards, our most important means of deepening relationships with our customers and keeping our finger on the pulse of the market
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Director, Strategic Planning