Cloud Cost Optimization Consultant
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius. Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Develop and maintain cloud cost capacity and demand forecasts – incl.
- Day to day monitoring and tracking of cloud capacity & resource mgmt. for all services
- Create cost aware culture by maintaining Cloud cost optimization framework and Governance mechanism
- Coordinate with Cloud relationship managers to log incoming cloud service demand and provide recommendation.
- Review and validate incoming requests for new cloud services and/or infra components and ensure capacity availability
- Cloud infrastructure operational reporting (on performance, usage, compliance, etc.)
- Analyze and provide Optimization Opportunities and share Best practices to Architects, engineers
- Responsible for day to day CLOUD performance tracking and reporting – incl.
- Create reports for new services & manage exceptions to usage and billing, as needed
- Analyzing and reporting performance metrics input to cloud service portfolio manager for continuous improvement
Impact You'll Make:
We’d Love to see:
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field (such as Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS), and at least 3-5 years of IT experience.
- 2+ years of experience with one/more public/private cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- Experience with capacity forecasting, cloud cost optimization techniques, financial reporting, and workflow management in a large service operations environment. Familiarity with monitoring and reporting tools/APIs.
- Understanding of cloud providers, platforms and configurations and familiarity with workload usage/consumption patterns on cloud
- Strong analytical skills and appetite for financial modelling and analytics
- Good understanding of billing and metering on cloud platforms (incl. impact of usage patterns on TCO)
- Ability to support agile decision making across multiple cloud services, with short-cycle analytics and problem solving
- Ability to develop effective reporting schemes/metrics to maintain strong control on usage and billing of cloud services
- Ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders (across users, IT & ops support groups) and proactively identify opportunities for service improvement
TransUnion Job TitleConsultant, Enterprise Applications and Programming