Assoc System Engineer
What We'll Bring:What You’ll Bring:
• Experience and expertise in the following technologies
o .Net Framework 3.5 and above / .Net Core
o C#, MVC 3 and above
o Knowledge of Object Orientation
o Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS)
o WCF, Restful Services
o Design patterns and best practices
o TFS, Artifactory, SonarQube, Octopus and related or similar CI/CD toolsets
• An understanding of the following would be beneficial:
o Angular 4 & above, JQuery, AJAX, Bootstrap
o Web Services and API’s
o Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD)
o Native/Hybrid Mobile application
• Experience in Agile methodologies and modern software development practices
• Knowledge of cloud principles and practices would be strongly beneficial (specifically AWS).
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification
• Knowledge and understanding of secure software development and incident management practices
• At least 2-3 years of experience in software development/support within the Financial Services industry, across the full application development lifecycle with strong abilities to design and develop complete systems that integrate with the TransUnion databases and services.
• Very good communications and interpersonal skills required
What You'll Bring:
As Support Engineer, the key performance areas will include:
Working within a scrum team of a technical lead, product owner, scrum master and other developers. Take responsibility for tasks assigned to you by the scrum master, maintain your tasks on the Kanban board, report on progress of your tasks and where required, proactively seek support and assistance from your team leadership to better understand requirements, overcome blockers or other challenges. With limited direction analyze, develop code, test, debug, maintain, modify, and deploy complex software programs. Use knowledge of available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply structured programming techniques and adheres to coding standards. Participates in code walkthroughs and reviews with your technical lead. Develop unit test and test scripts; performs unit, regression, conversion and parallel tests; develop system test data and performs system tests. Assist quality assurance testing teams. Analyze technical requirements and make determinations for modifications of existing computer programs/modules or if new programs/modules need to be developed for a specific application, system, and/or database. Independently analyze and document test results to ensure that programs are meeting the technical requirements. Partner with designers to update technical requirements documentation and make recommendations for re-design and/or re-coding of programs that do meet desired specifications. Researches and resolves programming issues. Develop program specifications and flowcharts (dataflows, jobflows, etc.), for stand-alone programs or systems. Prepare concise internal program documentation on program development and revisions. Prepare on-line help, FAQs, user guides and operational instruction manuals.
Impact You'll Make:
Conveys problems, solutions, updates and project status to peers, customers and management. Develops and maintains program, systems and user documentation. Prepare time estimates for assigned tasks. Attends post-implementation reviews.
Takes responsibility for personal technical and professional growth.
TransUnion Job TitleAssoc Developer, Applications Support