Data Center Analyst
What We'll Bring:Our technology team continues to push the boundary of innovation and modernization every day. Given our agile nature we are able to bring new ideas and transform the way we do technology. TransUnion is a defining leader in bringing seamless solutions to enhance the way our clients build trust, and it all starts with our people. No idea is too small and no problem is too big. You’ll have the ability to put your skills to the test and see how your contributions continue to move the needle.
What You'll Bring:
3-5 years of experience working autonomously in a mission-critical Data Center environment. Able to participate in an on-call schedule which would include nights/weekends/holidays.
Ability to easily lift up to 50 lbs. throughout the day
Ability to understand installation specifications, and rack/stack customer equipment accordingly
We’d Love to See:
Trade School/Associate's Degree or equivalent practical experience
Previous experience working in Data Centers
Basic knowledge of structured cabling or fiber backbone (layer I)
Impact You'll Make:
- Perform daily installation of all network and storage patching for new systems including maintenance of appropriate documentation for all pathways and labeling of all cabling connections.
- Install IT servers, network hardware and related components to manufacturer specifications.
- Enable provision for exact space assignments and maintain documentation for each IT device, related components and proper operation.
- Enable provision for exact power assignments and maintain documentation for rack and floor mounted devices maintaining proper power distribution and utilization.
- Assign space, power, tile cuts and cable raceways for new rows of server cabinets, floor mounted devices, storage frames, tape drives.
- Work with hardware owners to understand project requirements and select, document and order solutions to meet connectivity and density needs.
- Respond to incidents and partner with other teams in the verification and recovery process of IT systems.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Analyst, Data Center