Business Analyst Lead(Online Design)
What We'll Bring:The Online Design Lead will be responsible for customer facing online channels, internal systems, and needs to have a strong user-centered design portfolio that spans interface and experience paradigms across platforms, devices and environments with the understanding of Agile software development processes and methodologies.
What You'll Bring:
- As an Online Design lead, you will manage and own the relevant functional requirement processes including the delivery and review of processes relating to complete functional designs.
- Manage and own a blended on and off-shore team of Business Analyst, Designer and User Experience Designer
- Lead the design team; ensuring that the team is working on appropriate tasks, maintaining a focus on the highest value or highest risk tasks. Provide direction and review delivery artefacts from designers.
- Participate in global design and business analysis forums and initiatives driving the creation and consumption of centralized IP, assets and solutions that can be re-used across multiple geographies.
- Build up a global network of other designers, UX designers and business analysts across TransUnion through which you can leverage global knowledge, skills and understanding; leverage common tooling and templates.
- Analyze complex business, functional and technical requirements and make determinations on scope, effort and functional design required to deliver those requirements.
- Lead in the formulation and design of functional solutions to meet business requirements.
- Own and drive the methodology and tooling as it pertains to business analysis and design. Bring leading thinking in design including introduction of appropriate tools and approaches where required, and identify opportunities for leveraging existing assets and IP within the group to solve for business problems.
- Ensure appropriate design processes are in place to manage quality, alignment and strategic intent across the broader GTO team.
- Partner with the Business and Customers. Be considered the Subject Matter Expert on the subject area. Actively participate and interact with stakeholders to understand business needs, identify the business challenges, pain points and relevant solutions.
- Understand business drivers / priorities and balance business timelines, costs, best practices and technology concerns.
- Prepare for and participate in the development of business cases and proposals, including identification of alternatives and cost/benefit analysis.
- Lead in the analysis and design of new business processes including requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies (and associated tooling).
- Involve and manage requirements and interactions from key stakeholders including Compliance, InfoSec, Infrastructure and technical design counterparts and global communities.
- Review designs and ensure they are consistent with standards, guidelines and strategic intent as set out by various TransUnion stakeholders and policies.
- Facilitate business requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders and subject matter experts, developing high-level and detailed business requirements as needed to support enhancements to business processes, systems and/or applications. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize rework and errors. Recognize the business’s needs and the implications of change. May formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Develop holistic Functional Specifications for system enhancements that meet the business requirements and adequately support the efficient delivery and testing of the software required. Consideration must be given to appropriate approaches, methodologies and tooling to ensure most efficient delivery of the specifications (e.g. documenting test cases for Test Driven Development approach supplemented with wireframes or screen designs vs. documenting specifications as traditionally done in MS Word).
Consult and work closely with technical team members to ensure all requirements have been accurately addressed and all scenarios (including error and negative scenarios) appropriately considered.
- Provide guidance in the development of test plans, testing of changes and reviewing the results.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge to better understand the link between business and technology. Analyze methodologies for process improvements, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
- Operate as a team lead of a team following SAFe methodology. Working knowledge of the methodology, ceremonies and artefacts is required.
Impact You'll Make:
- A degree with at least 10 years business analysis and design experience.
- Demonstrated expertise with business systems, broad-based knowledge of business.
- Business understanding and experience across the financial services industry.
- Candidates must be able to lead workshops and meetings to drive decisions and outcomes without supervisory support.
- Knowledge of industry trends within the FinTech industry.
- Agile experience in either Scrum or Kanban.
- The ability to build a logical case for design decisions and defend recommendations at the highest management levels.
- Analytical skills and the ability to identify problems, gaps and contradictions.
- An in depth knowledge of Visio, Adobe XD, Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge of relevant conceptual modeling and design thinking tools advantageous. Strongly advantageous to have API and Web Service experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are non-negotiable.
- Candidates should be self-starters and strongly motivated to improve our business, products and customer experiences.
TransUnion Job TitleManager I, Business Analysis