Sales Tax Analyst - Indirect (Hybrid)
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Our ideal candidate has experience with 1-2 years indirect tax compliance including US sales, use, gross receipts, and personal property taxes from working in public accounting or from industry experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration with an accounting concentration required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively and promptly with internal customers, and occasionally with external customers and government agencies.
- Effective prioritization skills with ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to apply innovative approaches to problem solve.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team, toward executing processes and meeting deadlines.
We’d Love to See:
- Experience with account reconciliations and journal entry preparation.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Billing, Payables, and General Ledger, or a similar accounting system.
- Experience with reviewing customer exemption certificates.
- Previous experience preparing sales/use tax returns or working with outsourced service providers.
- Experience researching tax laws for US indirect tax.
- Experience with Vertex O Series or similar sales/use tax software.
- Experience with Alteryx or similar tools used for data analytics.
- Practical experience or theoretical knowledge of Value-Added, GST, and similar taxes.
Impact You'll Make:
Under the direction of the Indirect Tax Manager, the AF Analyst I position will be responsible for supporting the outsourced North America sales & use tax compliance, personal property tax compliance process, responding to internal and external sales & use tax inquiries, preparing account reconciliations, various indirect tax payment processing, assisting with state audit support, reviewing exemption certificates, and utilization of Vertex sales tax software.
This position will also perform indirect tax research and assist the Indirect Tax Manager and Indirect Tax Director with special projects.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:AF Analyst I, Tax