Sr. Tax Analyst - Federal & State Income Tax ( Hybrid)
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver’s seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
This role offers the opportunity to broaden your skillset in state and federal tax compliance, tax provisioning, and tax technology workstreams for a three billion dollar (and growing) multinational company. TransUnion is a leading Chicago heAt TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver’s seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
The Team’s Focus
The Corporate Tax department provides executive management and shareholders with the comfort that TransUnion’s corporate taxes are minimized by timely analyzing current legislation and maintaining up to date multinational government tax accounting and compliance responsibilities. Working directly with executives and their financial teams, the team is responsible for reporting the accounting for income taxes under ASC 740, preparing and filing TransUnion’s annual consolidated Form 1120 income tax return and executing on strategic tax planning initiatives. Associates in this fast-paced work environment do not just prepare and file tax returns; they understand the company’s positions and work hard to improve processes that better the overall reporting to key stakeholders. The team uses OneSource Income Tax Return and OneSource Tax Provision to ensure best practice efficiencies in using tax reporting software.
Additionally, the Tax team administers advice and coordination on taxes in various state and local jurisdictions; and conducts all tax research and planning for TransUnion’s domestic operations. Day in, day out, the Corporate Tax department makes highly valued and visible contributions to the business and influences senior management and the larger finance group in making tax decisions.
What You'll Bring:
- An ideal candidate will have worked 3 to 5 years on Federal and/or State income tax in either public accounting or industry. Multinational public company clients and or on the job experience at a similar multinational company similar to TransUnion is preferred.
- A candidate must be comfortable with tax technology, the ability to navigate, and hands on use of our accounting tools including OneSource Tax Provision Software, OneSource Income Tax Return Software, PeopleSoft, CCH, and BNA.
- A candidate must have the ability to create and comprehend advanced features within Excel models including pivot tables, V-look up, H-look up, If statements, Sum If formulas, and other functionality.
- An ideal candidate would have some familiarity with automation platforms such as Alteryx, UiPath, etc.
- A candidate should be able to communicate effectively and promptly with taxing jurisdictions and internal customers.
- A candidate should be an expert in time management with strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- An ideal candidate would have experience working on cross functional teams while demonstrating an ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple requests or projects at once.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA or in the pursuit of a CPA.
Impact You'll Make:
- Work with TransUnion's third-party service firm on various tax compliance workstreams, including but not limited to review of TransUnion’s state income/franchise tax returns/supporting allocation and apportionment calculations, as well as the annual consolidated Form 1120 income tax return and supporting calculations.
- Assist with federal and state quarterly ASC 740 accounting for income tax requests such as the preparation of book vs. tax computations, the effective tax rate, expense tie out, deferred rollforward, journal entries, FIN48 uncertain income tax positions, analysis of merger and acquisition costs, stock based compensation, and documenting Section 404 Sarbanes Oxley processes, etc.
- Support the federal and state R&D tax credit calculation, along with other state tax credit calculations.
- Assist with tracking tax depreciation and amortization calculations for fixed assets, intangibles, and internally developed software, including state depreciation modifications.
- Assist with tax forecasting, planning and special projects, including but not limited to quarterly tax payments, research and analysis of state and federal tax legislation changes, tax savings opportunities, adjusted earnings calculations, government tax audits, tax software implementation projects, etc.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:AF Sr Analyst I, Tax