Data Acquisition Associate
What We'll Bring:TransUnion believes in investing in the best people. Our dynamic and diverse environment values and promotes the growth of associates in their jobs, roles and careers. Our organization supports ambitious individuals who seek career satisfaction and development.
Who We Are
At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
Every day TransUnion offers our employees the tools and resources they need to find ways information can be used in diverse ways. Whether it is helping businesses better manage risk, providing better insights so a consumer can qualify for his first mortgage or working with law enforcement to make neighborhoods safer, we are improving the quality of life for individuals, families, communities and local economies around the world.
What You'll Bring:
- A College diploma and at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably in the credit or financial services industry.
- Must be extremely detail oriented, organized with a proven ability to multi-task.
- An inquisitive mind-set, coupled with an innate ability to spot anomalies and a desire to investigate.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. The ideal candidate is comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of credit reporting is highly advantageous.
- Strong technical and reporting skills.
- High levels of computer literacy, with proficiency in Excel.
- English: advanced level
Impact You'll Make:
The Data Acquisition Associate will be tasked with ensuring that credit reporting data (which includes trade, mortgage, collection, bankruptcy, judgment and address data) received from our data suppliers (government agencies, customers, partners) is received in a timely manner and can be loaded appropriately. The incumbent will be responsible for data quality, customer satisfaction, and process improvement initiatives.
- Monitor and manage all incoming data to ensure data integrity and quality controls are met, data is loaded within established timeliness and that any issues are escalated.
- Work with customers to resolve data quality issues.
- Ensure data suppliers are adhering to reporting and data quality standards, and recommend data suppliers for termination for failing to meet account requirements.
- Provide online and in person training for customer onboarding, maintain registration information, and recommend enhancements based on customer feedback.
- Generate and provide cumulative reports.
- Manage and address incoming correspondence.
- Reviews files from clients or from 3rd party suppliers that contains financials data such as mortgage, collections, trade bankruptcies, personal data, or any other information supplied on a credit report.
- Ensures service level agreements and other required time frames are met.
- Identify operational redundancies, and gaps within required standard operational procedure guidelines.
- Assist internal teams with various interdepartmental projects, assists other in matters related to Data Acquisition.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable provincial and federal laws and TransUnion regulations.
- Analyze output data, provide quality assurance and production feedback to team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TransUnion Job TitleAnalyst, Data Acquisition