Tax Specialist supporting International - Hybrid Chicago
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we strive to build an environment where our associates are in the driver’s seat of their professional development, while having access to help along the way. We encourage everyone to pursue passions and take ownership of their careers. With the support of colleagues and mentors, our associates are given the tools needed to get where they want to go. Regardless of job titles, our associates have the opportunity to learn new things and be a leader every day.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
This role offers the opportunity to broaden your skillset in tax provisioning, international tax compliance, transfer pricing, and international tax consulting workstreams for a three billion dollar (and growing) multinational company. TransUnion is a leading Chicago headquartered public multinational corporation company with operations in over 40 international countries and territories, spanning many emerging markets. This role includes collaboration with senior management inside and outside of the tax department and is a great opportunity for an analytically-minded tax professional to contribute strongly to the development of strategic initiatives within the international space.
The Team’s Focus
The Corporate Tax department provides executive management and shareholders with the comfort that TransUnion’s corporate taxes are minimized by timely analyzing current legislation and maintaining up to date multinational government tax accounting and compliance responsibilities. Working directly with executives and their financial teams, the team is responsible for reporting the accounting for income taxes under ASC 740, preparing and filing TransUnion’s annual consolidated Form 1120 income tax return and executing on strategic tax planning initiatives. Associates in this fast-paced work environment do not just prepare and file tax returns; they understand the company’s positions and work hard to improve processes that better the overall reporting to key stakeholders. The team uses OneSource Income Tax Return and OneSource Tax Provision to ensure best practice efficiencies in using tax reporting software.
Additionally, the Tax team administers advice and coordination on international taxes in over 40 countries; and conducts all tax research and planning for TransUnion’s global operations. Day in, day out, the Corporate Tax department makes highly valued and visible contributions to the business and influences senior management and the larger finance group in making tax decisions.
What You'll Bring:
- An ideal candidate will have worked 2 to 5 years in either public accounting, industry, or both. Federal tax experience is required.
- Multinational public company clients and or on the job experience at a similar multinational company similar to TransUnion is required.
- A candidate must be comfortable with tax technology, the ability to navigate, and hands on use of our accounting tools including OneSource Tax Provision Software, OneSource Income Tax Return Software, PeopleSoft, CCH, and BNA.
- An ideal candidate would have some familiarity with automation platforms such as Alteryx, UiPath, etc.
- A candidate must have strong knowledge of debits and credits and the ability to extract relevant data from a general ledger software package via queries and other methods.
- A candidate must have the ability to create and comprehend advanced features within Excel models including pivot tables, V-look up, H-look up, If statements, Sum If formulas, and other functionality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and CPA is perferred.
Impact You'll Make:
- Support and assist on the quarterly tax provision including the preparation or review of journal entries, working with the foreign units to send and receive local reporting packages, and recording return-to-provision journal entries. Key international tax provision workstreams include ASC 740-10-15 (FAS109) Accounting for Income Taxes, ASC 740-10-50 (FIN48) Uncertainty in Income Taxes, ASC 740-270 (FIN18) Interim Reporting, and ASC 740-30-25 Assertion (APB 23) on Unremitted Earnings.
- Support third party service provider with their preparation of the international tax compliance disclosures that comprise the annual consolidated Form 1120 income tax return including Form 1042, 1118, 5471, 5472, 8858, 8865, 8990, 8991, 8992, 8993, and FBAR reporting.
- Over the past several years, the international tax team devised and implemented a highly complex international tax structure. An ideal candidate should have experience in tax research and the willingness to develop strong tax research skills to assist with cross border structuring, transfer pricing, due diligence on targeted acquisitions, and other related projects.
- Support and prepare models to forecast worldwide corporate income taxes using data inputs received from global controllers.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:AF Analyst II, Tax