Senior Cloud Engineer
What We'll Bring:This position will report into the Cloud Engineering team.
In this role, you will be part of a dedicated team responsible for building scalable, secure, and highly available Cloud based Services within our AWS environment, while also gaining experience and getting exposure to many other open source technologies as required.
What You'll Bring:
Your primary responsibilities will be to develop technical solutions to enhance AWS Cloud platform, with a focus on building automation for highly scalable cloud services delivery.
- Collaborate with the rest of the platform engineering team, the cloud operations team and application teams to provide end-to-end infrastructure setup.
- Design and deploy secure, resilient, and scalable Infrastructure as Code per our developer requirements while upholding the InfoSec and Infrastructure guardrails through code.
- Implement security governance and compliance following a DevSecOps methodology, ensuring security controls are proactively placed through automation and configuration management toolsets.
- Identify areas where scripts can be leveraged to automate repeatable or manual tasks at scale.
- Implement the best software practices that produce maintainable code, including usability patterns, code style conformity, integration, unit testing, and code review.
- Willingness to Research and adopt latest DevOps technologies to enhance platform experience.
Impact You'll Make:
Skills and Experience:
- 4+ years of experience with any Public Cloud providers (AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP)
- 5+ years of experience with any cloud engineering, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Docker etc..
- Experience of Linux system administration and AWS administration (Lambda functions, ECS, EC2, ELB, VPC, IAM, RDS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch), with at least 5 years of experience in system administration or network administration.
- Experience in GIT and parallel development, branching strategies and methodologies.
- Experience in setting and managing Gitlab, Gitlab Runners through container systems.
- Experienced with scripting (Bash, Python, PowerShell) and/or SQL.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, and SSL.
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure as code tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with senior leadership, IT management, application owners, engineers, and developers.
TransUnion Job TitleLead, Development Ops