What We'll Bring:What we’ll bring:
• A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
• We provide a modern computing environment based on best-in-class "big data" and cloud computing technologies and the freedom to explore new data sources and statistical and machine learning methodologies.
• Our Data Science and Analytics team is home to some of the most brilliant minds in the market. Here, we will not only understand your stats jokes, we’ll appreciate them.
What You'll Bring:
What you’ll bring:
- Master’s or PhD degree in statistics, applied mathematics, financial mathematics, computer science, engineering, operations research, or other highly quantitative field with at least one (1) year of relevant professional experience; or a Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field with at least three (3) years of relevant professional experience. In either case, the candidate will demonstrate a consistent track record of academic excellence.
- Demonstrated ability to build and move machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Advanced programming skill and aptitude; proficiency with statistical programs such as R or Python; experience with other programming and data manipulation languages and big data platforms (SQL, Hive, Spark, C/C++, Java); high level of familiarity with Microsoft Office tools.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish. Proven ability to translate technical concepts into articulate actionable recommendations in a manner that is suitable to influence business partners and decision-makers inside and outside towards desired outcomes.
What we'd prefer to see:
- Familiarity with identity, fraud, security, or credit bureau data and solutions.
- Experience and demonstrated success in applying predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable customer-facing applications over a period of at least one (1) year; experience building analytical solutions that deliver value and create competitive advantage.
- The desire to work on full-stack data science solutions and engage in continuous learning.
- Experience processing large amounts of semi-structured (esp. JSON) and unstructured data.
- Proven ability to operate effectively under modest supervision in a complex and dynamic, matrixed environment.
- Familiarity with graph databases, stream computing, or probabilistic data structures.
- Experience with containerization and container-orchestration (esp. Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks.
- Familiarity with data visualization methods and tools (D3.js, Graphite, etc.).
- Understanding of massively parallel processing (MPP) and distributed computing principles.
- Work experience in industries served by TransUnion, such as financial services, insurance, and digital marketing.
- Work experience in SaaS or real-time solutions.
Impact You'll Make:
Impact you’ll make:
This position is responsible for supporting the development of analytic solutions through consulting engagements for TransUnion’s clients across a broad array of credit, fraud, insurance and marketing business applications. This position requires a general understanding of US financial services risk management practices.
- You will partner with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive new business initiatives and deliver long term value-added solutions to various TransUnion customers. These tasks will include –among others- the development of predictive models, new business rules, and device and other identity solutions of broad scope and complexity for customers within the various industries served by TransUnion.
- You will lead analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis for a variety of business use cases leveraging multiple analytic techniques. As a project leader, you will take ownership of all aspects of the project from design to development, to peer review, to client presentation, to implementation and audit.
- You will identify strategies and opportunities for customers to test and adopt TransUnion’s analytic products and services and develop project proposals, sales presentations and promotional collateral to enable the adoption of integrated customer solutions supported by TransUnion, applying your practical analytic experience to find areas of new value of TransUnion customers. In the context of these opportunities, you will interact directly with TransUnion Sales and business unit partners and provide an analytic perspective and general support as needed.
- You will design, write, and test programs for data extraction, segmentation and statistical analysis on large population datasets using languages such as R, Python, SQL, Hive and Spark, formalizing some of these efforts into repeatable process improvements.
- You will deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers representing a wide range of backgrounds and levels. You will foster a high-performance culture and cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and reflects the TransUnion brand.
TransUnion Job TitleSr Analyst, Data Science and Analytics