Sr. Corporate Affairs and Communications Advisor
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
We’re looking for a great communicator to join our Corporate Affairs & Communication team, responsible for external communications in support of our U.S. crisis communications and public affairs programs.
What You'll Bring:
- Expertise in issues management; track record of leading successful communications responses to high-impact challenges
- Strong track record developing, executing and measuring the success of strategic communication programs leveraging a variety of digital and traditional channels
- Experience developing media strategy and cultivating reporter/influencer relationships
- Diplomacy and ability to form effective, consultative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfortable with change and working under deadline pressure in a rapidly evolving environment
- Extremely good prioritization and organization skills
- Exceptional communication skills, including ability to write, pitch and present compelling content
- Creativity, flexibility and initiative
- A minimum of 7 years relevant progressive experience, preferably in a corporate, agency, government or campaign/political setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Some travel required
Nice to Haves:
- Experience developing crisis communications plans and training programs
- Experience working in information services and/or financial services
- Advanced degree
Impact You'll Make:
You will help lead the company’s communications in response to issues affecting our U.S. business, as part of a cross-functional response team. You’ll develop and execute communications strategies, brief executives and other colleagues as appropriate, and monitor and report on communication activities. You’ll collaborate on globally relevant matters with colleagues responsible for issues in other TransUnion geographies, and occasionally provide back-up support to their regions. You will also lead efforts to continuously improve our crisis communication capability through ongoing communication, training, tabletop exercises and plan refinements.
- You’ll serve as a business partner to the U.S. Government Relations team, understanding their strategies to promote TransUnion’s interests with government and regulatory stakeholders, and delivering strategic communications in support.
- In all of this work, you’ll help develop communication plans, messaging and deliverables that help our stakeholders better understand our company and perspective on topics and issues affecting our business.
- Media relations is a core responsibility, and you’ll be charged with developing productive relationships with key reporters and handling pitches, inquiry responses, background briefings, spokesperson training and media monitoring.
- You’ll collaborate with agency and in-house creative partners, providing input to plans and deliverables to help optimize performance and outcomes.
- You’ll also work with industry peers, our trade association, research partners and other third parties to develop communication campaigns and deliverables.
- Periodically, you will also support the broader Corporate Affairs & Communications team by contributing to other corporate communication initiatives.
- Our ideal candidate will have strong communication expertise, business acumen and people skills, and will serve as a trusted communications advisor and business partner. You’re a self-starter who is energized by challenges and can quickly grasp and translate complex concepts into impactful communications.
- This person will join a dynamic communications team that helps build and protect TransUnion’s reputation with key stakeholders worldwide.
- This role requires strong relationships with colleagues from various departments across TransUnion including legal, compliance, government relations, public relations, social media, marketing, internal communications, sales, and more.
- This role is expected to manage the work of team members and agencies to maximize performance.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Sr Advisor, Corporate Affairs and Communications