Senior Accountant / internal title: Sr Analyst, Accounting
What We'll Bring:TransUnion is a global information and insights company that makes trust possible between businesses and consumers, by ensuring that each consumer is reliably and safely represented in the marketplace.
We do this by having an accurate and comprehensive picture of each person.
This picture is grounded in our legacy as a credit reporting agency which enables us to tap into both credit and public record data; our data fusion methodology that helps us link, match and tap into the awesome combined power of that data; and our knowledgeable and passionate team, who stewards the information with expertise, and in accordance with local legislation around the world.
Because of our work, organizations can better understand consumers in order to make more informed decisions, and earn their trust through great, personalized experiences, and the proactive extension of the right opportunities, tools and offers. In turn, consumers can be confident that their data identities will result in the opportunities they deserve.
We make trust possible, so businesses and consumers can transact with confidence and achieve great things. We call this Information for Good®—it’s our purpose, and what drives us every day.
Dynamics of the Role
You will be supporting the month end cycle monitoring and reporting for APAC. You will pick up detailed knowledge on systems, processes, products and reports to support business growth.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting and five to eight years of accounting and analytical experience, also as qualified accountant (example : HKICPA, ACCA, CPA Australia)
- Customer focused attitude and mentality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Windows.
- Knowledge in integrated ERP system such as PeopleSoft is preferable
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English and Cantonese.
- Ability to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work quickly and accurately with a sense of urgency.
- Analytical with solid problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Detail oriented with organizational, time management and follow-up skills.
- Self-managed with the ability to effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities, take verbal direction and perform with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management.
Impact You'll Make:
- To perform the month end closing including preparation of monthly management accounts, schedules and account reconciliation.
- To perform the monthly/quarterly tax filling to the local tax authority. Senior Accountant to perform the year-end audit and follow up with external auditors for the PBC list.
- Update the accounting policy and process as per accounting standard and compliance requirement.
- Reporting: Prepare information and report for tax filling, financial analysis for group reporting and other ad hoc reports per local and global requests.
- Technical Skills: Applies knowledge of the various systems and processes associated with reporting of the APAC Region including PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Excel and other MS office.
- Interpersonal: Develops and maintains cooperative relationships throughout the APAC Region and other departments in order to accomplish business objectives. Educates, interacts and assists management and associates with reporting responsibilities. Presents work, projects and ideas to stakeholders in a clear and logical manner.
- Teamwork: Work collaboratively within Finance, as well as other departments (Sales, IT, Product) to improve system and reporting accuracy and efficiency.
- Communication: Effectively communicates with senior management and other departments to ensure comprehension of ideas, initiatives, requirements, and issues to drive progress with regards to accounting and reporting.
- Must be able to work independently to drive processes without significant oversight, and understand when it is appropriate to escalate issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
TransUnion Job TitleSr Analyst, Accounting