Networking and Security Chaos Engineer
What We'll Bring:We are looking for an energetic self starting to help us build our Security Testing, Validations and Chaos Engineering Center of Excellence. We are not only looking for someone who writes test plans and scenarios, we want someone who gets their hands dirty. We are looking for someone who by crafting scenarios, break the software our development team has built or test the reliability of the system. This may include hacking, fuzzing, etc. to test application resiliency. You will be working development teams to ensure their software is robust, performs well and well secure meeting our organizations standards.
Chaos Engineers will work alongside developers/devOps engineers to help uncover weaknesses in our applications and platforms. This is an internal technical role where the you will demonstrate experiments on production and production-like isolated environments. You will be responsible for simulating real-world conditions such as instance outages, site failures, DOS/DDOS traffic spikes, and randomized application calls within these environments. You will understand the way the customers are utilizing our services and help find ways to improve the overall availability of the service by driving teams to adopt practices and mechanisms for preventing incidents from occurring in the first place.
We envision that all builds, deployment, test execution, problem detection and recovery, and scaling/de-scaling activities are fully automated-thus eliminating human error.
What You'll Bring:
- Overall, 7+ years of overall IT experience with at least 5+ years of experience in a Cloud, Network and Security role
- 3+ years of relevant experience on Chaos engineering/Resilience/High Availability testing
- Strong networking and security background with ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- 2+ years of prior experience in automation and/or development, preferably in a network engineering or systems administration environment.
- At least 2+ years of development experience with Amazon Web Services and GCP.
- Working knowledge and experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) including enterprise/Cloud configuration management and service orchestration tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, CloudFormation, or similar automation technologies.
- Working experience with networking elements in cloud (AWS, GCP) – VPC, TGW, IGW, Load Balancing, WAF, security groups, NACLs, etc.
- Ability to analyze the architecture & recommend areas of concern that are likely to lead to security concern, failure, or outages
- Ability to work with Business & Technology teams to identify and report on Resilience / High availability requirements
- Ability to work with enterprise architecture and development teams to architect applications for high availability and resiliency
- Solid communication skills (both written and verbal) regardless of audience, with ability to lead/steer project meetings or troubleshooting sessions.
Impact You'll Make:
- Hands-on expertise operating with cloud platforms, container technologies, APIs and event-driven automation
- Robust experience leading efforts to design, deploy and manage security products/services in hybrid environments
- Strong experience with CI/CD best practices and technologies such as GIT, Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation and Ansible
- Proficiencies with popular scripting and programming language frameworks such as Python, Java, Golang, Scala and Ruby
- Implement and lead execution of the chaos engineering Lifecycle - Chaos Test Planning, Chaos Test Designing, and Reporting
- Experience with Full lifecycle of Recovery and Resilience testing - scheduled, staffed, executed, and documented, including remediation and closure of issues
- Design, develop and execute automated / continuous Chaos Engineering experiments,
- Automate Chaos experiments through chaos engineering tools (Gremlin / Chaos Native / Litmus etc) to run continuously
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategies and lead large and complex endeavors
- Possess a mindset for building incrementally and delivering business value quickly
- Stays current with evolving technologies and effectively educates leadership on trends and opportunities
- Continuously finds opportunities to simplify and optimize technology and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of a breadth of Infrastructure technologies (server, storage, clustering, etc…) with a preference for network and security.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn new things, and adaptable to change; able to work productively in a team setting.
- Comfortable with enterprise change control methodology and project management tools (Agile, Remedy, Rally, etc.).
- Hands-on deployment/implementation experience in building cloud foundations to support production-scale workloads.
- Graduate degree in STEM field
- Work with application development teams in implementing chaos experimentation
- Write and Deploy Chaos experimentation using OpenSource tools (i.e. Chaos Mesh) and home grown Chaos toolsets
TransUnion Job TitleAdvisor, Info Sec Engineering