Linux Systems Engineer
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation - we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our IT Infrastructure team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology. As a Linux Systems Engineer, you’ll be part of the team who will be responsible for the management and administration of our Linux/Unix Core Systems Infrastructure, Storage, and Virtualization Infrastructure.
What You'll Bring:
- Provides 1st level to 2nd Level Linux/Windows Server Systems Support
- Provides 1st level Application and Database Support (e.g. SQL,Informix, etc.)
- Ticket monitoring, handling, coordination and escalation of unresolved issues to higher level support
- Perform basic administrative duties as required to meet specific operational directives like:
- Assistance in server (Linux / Windows) and user administration.
- Assistance in Infrastructure Monitoring, Alerting, support and troubleshooting
- Basic to advance knowledge in Linux/Unix Shell Scripting and Windows (powershell ,etc.), Cron Jobs, task scheduling, etc.
- Working knowledge experience in file backup and restoration procedures using different backup software’s. (VERITAS Backup exec, Data Protector.)
- Server Room / Data Center Monitoring, Management and support (cooling, power, etc.)
- Support and Implement Office Security tools, OS and hardware security patches and anti-virus
- Support ad-hoc and global initiative projects
- Support Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery activities
- Mental Agility: Can process information quickly, recognize connections and adopt multiple perspectives.
- Vision: Can effectively articulate, promote and achieve communicated vision.
- Feedback: Can accept feedback and integrate feedback into performance and behavior.
- Intellectual Curiosity: Actively and routinely seeks out information; versant on multiple business fronts.
- Introspection: Learns from experiences.
- Integrity: Can build trust relationships with multiple constituencies: associates, customers, peers, leadership.
- Influence: Ability to interact with and influence senior management based upon technical expertise and business acumen. Proven ability to influence/persuade others to gain acceptance/approval of difficult or innovative ideas/concepts.
- Flexibility: Ability to manage and execute on multiple, critical projects simultaneously.
- Communication: Proven ability to communicate to multiple audiences in written, verbal and presentation format. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to senior management.
- Teamwork: Serves as a strong team player who can operate effectively in unstructured environments, build effective networks of internal and external contacts and create consensus for change.
- Interpersonal skill: Mature, independent, self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and strong interpersonal skill. Resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus.
We’d Love to See: (preferred skills)
- Bachelors Degree/ College graduate or equivalent in Computer Science/Information Technology or related fields
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in computer operation support, System maintenance, System/Database Admin, system testing, user support and documentation
- Automation and Scripting Skills (Unix/Linux scripting, PowerShell) will be a plus
- RHEL Certification or equivalent certification will be a plus
- MCP, MCSA, MCSE certification, CCNA, and Comptia A certification will be a plus
Impact You'll Make:
- In the first 90 days – Work closely with the Technical leads and associates to help support BAU and KTLO (Keeping the Lights On) operations, support and implement Projects as well as work on Security related initiatives.
- Beyond 90 days – Effectively perform the function and work independently, as well as be involved in the design, engineering, and architecture of the Infrastructure. Help work on Service Improvements and Innovation, including introduction of his/her own initiatives.
TransUnion Job TitleSr Analyst, Infrastructure Engineering and Provisioning