What We'll Bring:AR Assistant Manager
What You'll Bring:
• Ensures project time constraints given by the manager are met in all the processes like billing, EOB, denials follow up
• Responsible to communicate with the clients over the phone or emails as required.
• Should be responsible for grooming the next layer. Continuous objective is to make himself / herself redundant and pull the talent up from the existing team.
• Should work towards assisting the project manager on daily issues, new project implementation, existing client satisfaction and taking feedback from the team.
• Makes sure everyone follows the process defined with accuracy by doing regular audits and documenting the updates.
• Makes sure all processes run smoothly and takes regular work status from the seniors.
• Generates several daily, weekly and monthly reports relevant to the project. Analyzes and communicates with the clients about the status of the practice by providing regular reporting
• Deals with any unwanted / unforeseen issues that come up at any time from the client or within the team.
• Should have thorough knowledge of all processes and be able to implement a new project with the assistance of project Manager. For example: Credentialing, Software Transition, etc.
• Controls attrition by providing proper training and work culture as well as growth plan.
Impact You'll Make:
• Must be well-versed in the details of all levels and functions within the full scope of Revenue Cycle of US Healthcare.
• Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to delegate and provide direction.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Should be Innovative, Motivational, Confident, Fair, Influential and Respectful.
• Extremely flexible – quickly shifts from/to clients and projects as the needs arise with efficient hand offs to others.
• Extensive knowledge on use of email, search engine, Internet; ability to effectively use payer websites; knowledge and use of Microsoft Products: Outlook, Word, Excel.
• Should easily learn and adapt to various billing systems.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people, teams, managers, supervisors, and vendors.
• Graduate/ post-graduate with at least 3 - 5 years’ experience in medical collections in a team lead or supervisory role, or 2 years’ experience in an assistant manager role
• Open to work in 24X7 environment.
TransUnion Job TitleLead, Business Operations