Lead Network Engineering
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What we’ll bring:
The quest in modernizing our technology is not slowing down anytime soon. TransUnion continues to make big strides in delivering products and solutions to our customers around the globe. Our associates have the potential to shape the future by solving thought-provoking problems that elicit innovation, forward-thinking, and thought-leadership. We believe in a culture of trust and transparency. We are a people-first organization that believes technology is the key to innovation and successful outcomes. By believing in our people and leveraging cutting-edge technology we create an unmatchable environment for our workforce to thrive and be at the center of groundbreaking discoveries.
Join the TransUnion team, work with great people, and help us deliver Information for Good. Be part of our story!
What You'll Bring:
Expertise in Network Engineering: The ideal candidate should possess extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in network engineering, including design, implementation, and troubleshooting of complex network architectures. They should have a deep understanding of network protocols, routing, switching, and security.
Cloud Computing Proficiency: The advisor should have a strong background in cloud computing platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP). They should be adept at architecting and implementing network solutions in a cloud environment, including virtual networks, load balancers, and VPN connections.
Problem-solving and Troubleshooting Abilities: The role requires the candidate to possess excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. They should be capable of identifying and resolving complex network issues and outages, both in on-premises and cloud environments. Experience with network monitoring and analysis tools is highly desirable.
What You'll Bring:
- 10 years of experience working in the design, deployment, and operation of Cloud Network Infrastructure, such as AWS and GCP
- Expert-level in network routing mechanisms across hybrid architectures (Transit Gateway, DX/DXGW, Cisco, Juniper, Arista)
- Expert-level in network-related AWS technologies (VPC, EC2, ELB, Route 53, Security Groups)
- Proficiency implementing well-architected solutions in cloud environments (VPC connectivity, access to/from Internet)
- Strong security background and in-depth working knowledge of network security, NGFW and security practices, including but not limited to identity and access management, encryption, data protection, secure network architecture and familiarity with industry standards such as PCI DSS, GDPR, CIS, ISO, SOC2 highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of DevOps/GitOps including Terrafor, Ansible and Python methodologies and practices, preferably in the deployment and operation of foundational cloud network infrastructure
- Ability to lead and drive program objectives and coordinate the delivery of defined outcomes
- Experience working with Splunk or similar platform, AWS Cloudwatch, AWS Network Manager
- Extensive experience with Network Monitoring elements such as SNMP, Netflow, Syslog, Packet data, Wireshark, and others
Impact You'll Make:
- Provide technical Leadership across several levels in the organization
- Collaborate in the strategy and roadmap of hybrid network architectures that yield high business value
- Collaborate closely with Leadership to shape the future of TransUnion’s hybrid network architectures
- Participate in the transformation towards a NetDevOps model and help develop an innovation-driven culture based on automation principles
- Contribute to the instrumentation of a state-of-the-art monitoring framework for TransUnion’s Global Network
- Draft Engineering and Operational standards and procedures for the TransUnion Global Network
- Work closely with the management team and Agile coaches to transform business requirements into technology solutions
- Drive a culture of innovation and transformation that will generate collaboration globally across the organization
TransUnion Job TitleAdvisor, Network Engineering