What We'll Bring:Dynamics of the Role
As a member of the Global Technology practice, this Information Technology Developer role will participate in the design and development of complex .NET applications. The role is also responsible for helping to define, implement and enforce standards and best practices across the department.
What You'll Bring:
The Team’s Focus
The Application Development and Design team supports TransUnion’s global business and consumer systems by improving the efficiency of business operations, applications, and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
As a Software Developer in one of our RISE teams, you’ll be using your knowledge and enthusiasm of modern engineering practices to help engineer flagship TransUnion UK products towards the defined future state of a cloud based micro-service architecture. This will be done whilst ensuring that the live service of the products is protected, and the business is supported through roadmap deliveries.
How You Will Contribute
- Partner with global TransUnion technical teams to build products and features aligned to the RISE roadmaps using agreed technologies & tooling working closely with the Tech Lead and UK based Software Architect & Test Lead
- Actively participate with the UK development teams using an agile approach. Delivering code with consistency, quality and aligned with community best practices.
- Ensure TransUnion design patterns, frameworks, and architectural standards are implemented consistently within the work delivered.
- Take accountability for quality of the code and the effectiveness of the solution in production ensuring code is well-structured, maintainable and components delivered are testable.
- Work with tech lead and senior developers to ensure you have a clear understanding of the design of new products or feature enhancements/changes to existing product.
- Contribute to process improvement and improving team maturity.
- Assist and support less experienced colleagues as required.
- Participate in quality assurance to ensure products are fit for purpose and meet regulation.
What You Will Bring
- 3-6 years’ commercial experience of software engineering, including experience of .NET C#
- A passion for software engineering, high standards and the delivery of testable code
- A curiosity for new technologies and techniques, and keep yourself up to date
- You are familiar with automated tests, builds and deployment
- You are familiar with release pipelines
- Excellent communication and English language skills, with the ability to collaborate with teams based in US, Lithuania and UK
- Experience of distributed, service-based systems
- Understanding of test driven approaches to software engineering.
- You have developed software on the AWS platform
- You have.NET core experience
- Containerization experience.
- You are familiar with SOA.
- PowerShell knowledge.
- You know Octopus Deploy or Azure DevOps release management or equivalent.
- Understand DevOps principles.
- Experience of working in Scrum/Kanban Agile teams.
- SQL Server knowledge.
Impact You'll Make:
What We Offer
We aim high — and are reaching for new heights every day. This is a terrific time to join our team as we build on our commitment to integrity, service, reliability, and innovation. These values stand behind the decisions we make every day, as well as our relationships at work and with the customers we serve. We believe in the power to achieve and are taking it in bold new directions.
Who We Are
A global leader in credit information and information management services, TransUnion gives businesses, consumers, and the global community the power to achieve their goals. Businesses count on us to better manage risk and customer relationships. Consumers can better manage credit to achieve their financial goals. And in communities around the world, we help build strong economies and give people the power to achieve their dreams.
Exceptional opportunities are coming as we build on this strong foundation. Our ambitious growth strategy includes substantial new investment worldwide, a wide range of new solutions to help our customers succeed like never before, and new ideas for expanding our reach in every part of our dynamic and fast-moving industry. We are on an exciting journey and you can be a part of it. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion Job TitleDeveloper, Applications Development