Sr. Counsel - US Communications Solutions
What We'll Bring:We are looking for a Managing Counsel for the US Communications Solutions team. The candidate will draft and negotiate complex agreements with our customers, anticipate and protect the company against risk exposure, advise stakeholders on the status of agreement negotiations, and exhibit a willingness to learn. The ideal candidate may also have responsibility for advising on the development of new and enhanced services, and may also have mentoring responsibility for one or more team members.
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile.
This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What You'll Bring:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required and 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney (strong preference to in-house) focused on negotiating complex contracts, including technology licensing agreements.
- Preferred experience includes advising internal clients regarding solutions design involving data flows and exchanges, and in view of applicable policies, laws and regulations. Ideally has experience working closely with other teams to review and advise on data use and solution development, and a strong compliance background is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in the telecommunications industry, including knowledge of CPNI regulations, is strongly preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge and understanding of the following areas of law are preferred, but not required: Privacy, technology, intellectual property, partnering arrangements, FCRA, and GLBA.
- A team player ready to work closely in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with other attorneys, compliance professionals, business clients and senior leaders.
- Strong organizational, process-oriented, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (root cause analysis, problem solving, process adherence, issue spotting, and decision making).
- Strong work ethic with the demonstrated ability to manage and handle a significant and diverse workflow in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, yet exhibit sound judgment in seeking guidance and direction from senior attorneys and escalating issues.
- Ability to read, interpret and advise business partners on complex documents, including laws, contracts, business documents, system documents, company policies, and procedures.
- Executive level written and oral communication skills and advocacy experience.
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships with, and relate well to, peers, staff, and management of all levels of the organization.
Impact You'll Make:
- Make impactful legal decisions and business recommendations for an innovative, dynamic, public company that is a leader in the global marketplace.
- Advise internal clients on legal and business issues and the implications of alternative positions to enable informed business decisions.
- Maintain primary responsibility for reviewing, negotiating, and drafting complex contracts and related documents.
- Provide advice to stakeholders regarding changes in the law, contracts, or other legal issues that may involve the company’s short or long-term strategic operations.
- Assists other attorneys on various matters including those which present potential for litigation.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company-related business.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of pertinent developments within areas of assigned responsibilities.
- Provide formal and informal training for internal clients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- This position may require occasional travel.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Managing Counsel, Legal