What We'll Bring:"The Application Development and Design team supports TransUnion’s global business and consumer systems by improving the efficiency of business operations, applications and operating systems. Flexibility and openness are valued in our entrepreneurial, business-casual environment. We appreciate quick-learning IT professionals with inner drive, a strong work ethic and the desire to grow.
At Transunion, Abinitio is not used as just another ETL tool but an end to end data processing solution. We use the full Abinitio product suite across projects and set standards globally on leveraging the product to its full capacity. "
What You'll Bring:
How You Will Contribute
- Partner with global Transunion business resources and technical teams to analyze and implement requirements
- Participate in development and deliver code with consistency, quality, best practices and performance of applications
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional technology teams.
- Ensure Transunion design patterns, frameworks, and architectural standards are implemented consistently across the organization
- Accountability for quality of code and application development.
Impact You'll Make:
• 4+ years of hands on experience developing and designing strong Ab Initio based solutions
• Experience with the broader Abinitio tool suite such as Express>It, Continuous Flows, Control Center, Query>it is a definite advantage.
• Strong communication skills that create effective cross team collaboration and quality documentation
• Ability to think outside the box and apply unconventional solutions to conventional problems
• Proficiency with Linux, including strong shell scripting skills
• Demonstrated understanding of how Ab Initio applications and systems interact with the underlying hardware ecosystem
• Experience working in an agile project development lifecycle
• Strong in-depth knowledge of databases and database concepts
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of several advanced Ab Initio concepts such as, project architecture, meta-programming, vectors, parallelism, performance tuning, debugging, SMP/MPP architectures, platform integrations (Hadoop, Java, C, etc.)
• CI/CD, Jenkins, automation experience a plus
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required
TransUnion Job TitleDeveloper, Applications Development