FCRA Legal Counsel
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and talented attorney to join TransUnion’s legal team to provide legal support and guidance to the U.S. Operations business on areas affecting legal compliance and strategy including: compliance with federal and state consumer protection laws, policy management and training, marketing communications, new product design and development, litigation mitigation, issue management and remediation, regulatory examination legal support and other matters as needed. Make an impact in this rapidly evolving company by using your legal experience and skills to drive execution on legal and regulatory matters.
What You'll Bring:
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree required
- 3+ years of experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in consumer financial services with a strong regulatory compliance and/or litigation background.
- Knowledge and working experience with FCRA, UDAAP
We'd Love to see:
- Strong organizational, analytical, and critical-thinking skills (root cause analysis, problem solving, issue spotting, and decision making).
- Strong written and oral communication skills and advocacy experience.
Impact You'll Make:
- Work with a small highly valued team of regulatory subject matter experts to provide legal assistance and guidance regarding ongoing legal, regulatory and business matters for TransUnion.
- Provide legal counsel to stakeholders, including TransUnion leadership, in support of the foregoing.
- Make impactful legal decisions and business recommendations for an innovative, dynamic, public company that is a leader in the global marketplace.
- Advise internal clients on legal and business issues and the implications of alternative positions to enable informed business decisions.
- Provide advice to stakeholders regarding changes in the law, increased regulatory scrutiny, or other legal issues that may involve the company’s short or long-term strategic operations.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of company-related business.
This is a hybrid position and involves regular performance of job responsibilities virtually as well as in-person at an assigned TU office location for a minimum of two days a week.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Sr Counsel, Legal