AVP - Compliance
What We'll Bring:We are one of India’s leading credit information company with one of the largest collections of consumer information. We aim to be more than just a credit reporting agency. We are a sophisticated, global risk information provider striving to use information for good.
We take immense pride in playing a pivotal role in catalyzing the BFSI industry in the country. We got here by tapping into our excitement and passion of wanting to make a difference in the lives of our clients and consumers.
What is excitement and passion for us?
We define it as a blend of curiosity, ability to unlearn and yet continuously learn, able to connect with meaning and finally the drive to execute ideas till the last mile is achieved. This passion helps us focus on continuous improvement, creative problem solving and collaboration which ensures delivery excellence.
Dynamics of the Role
This is an exciting time in TransUnion CIBIL. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau.
What You'll Bring:
- Providing advice (mainly on matters pertaining to compliance) to internal stakeholders on local, regulatory and group/internal policy requirements for transactions, customers and New activities and products
- Review of regulatory circulars and press releases, analyse its impact and/or opportunities arising for the business and disseminate the same to senior members of the business units. Tracking of implementation status of such advisories / regulatory directions
- Advising each business unit on formulation of any Policy and analysis of regulatory updates in applicable regulatory regime
- Managing good relations with external parties such as regulators, and external counsels, if needed on case to case basis.
- Liaison with management committee members of the company and other internal stakeholders and ensure all regulatory and other Board related submissions by internal stakeholders are made in timely manner
- Identify, plan and mitigate the risk areas and provide firm constructive advice in resolving complex work situations
- Prepare presentations on compliance related updates for the Board.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
- Supervise and advise on independent compliance testing, internal compliance reviews & monitoring activities.
- Strict monitoring of all correspondences with the Regulator and ensure that responses to regulatory authorities are properly submitted within the stipulated period of time
- Managing regulatory inspections
- Prepare reports for senior management and regulatory bodies as appropriate
- Ensure business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Review of Standard Operation Procedures to ensure they are align to requirements stipulated by requisite regulatory requirements/ Compliance policies.
- Periodically revising the Compliance program in light of changes in the needs of the organization, and in line with changing regulatory landscape.
- Developing, coordinating, and participating in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program, and seeks to ensure that all appropriate employees and management are aware of, and comply with, pertinent regulatory requirements and other Compliance Policies.
- Assist Business Units in their day to day queries related to compliances, onboarding any new client, termination of membership of a client, review of any vendor / client risk assessment questionnaires
- Develop & enhance compliance policies and procedures to further ensure Company’s compliance with
- Credit Information Companies (Regulations) Act 2005 (“CICR Act”);
- RBI & Finance Ministry GOI Requirements;
- Other related laws;
Impact You'll Make:
Qualification/Experience and Skills
- CA, or CS or Graduate in law from a reputed Institute.
- Relevant functional experience in Compliance/Compliance Monitoring & Testing/ Audit etc.
- 10+ years post qualification experience with a reputed medium / large financial institution or a Bank;
- Experience in conducting compliance testing and audits
- Executive presence and assertiveness.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently, handle ambiguous situations and exercise judgement in variety of situations.
- Strong communication, organizational, verbal & written skills.
- High degree of responsibility and ownership, strong multitasking, coordination and tenaciously looking for ways to get results.
- Eye for details and good interpretation skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Good command over English and deep understanding of various Acts & Rules
- Ability to understand issues from business perspective in order to align it with the requisite regulatory requirements.
- Highly ethical, proactive, self-motivated and solution oriented person
TransUnion Job TitleSpecialist IV, Compliance