Sr Accountant - SEC Reporting
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We are consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
This role will actively participate in the preparation of SEC filings, including 10-Q’s, 10-K’s, Earnings Releases, Proxy, 8-K’s and the execution of XBRL within the respective filings.
Proactively work as a business partner to the finance department, including Accounting, Investor Relations, Tax, Treasury, and FP&A, to facilitate the preparation of filings. Challenge data and information integrity and reliability.
This person will also assist with the preparation of US GAAP and SEC disclosure checklists, various other quarterly and annual forms and assisting in the writing and implementation of new accounting policies.
Responsibilities will also include technical accounting research, projects, and memo preparation.
What You'll Bring:
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience at a Big 4 or Major National firm, serving public clients or experience with SEC reporting at a public company
- Experience with US GAAP disclosure requirements and SEC reporting requirements
- Exposure to technical accounting research
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Strong knowledge of Excel required
- This is a hybrid position and involves regular performance of job responsibilities virtually as well as in-person at an assigned TransUnion office location for a minimum of two days a week
We'd Love to See:
- Experience with financial reporting tools (i.e. Workiva) and XBRL tagging are preferred
- CPA strongly preferred
- Advanced degree
Impact You'll Make:
- Prepare 10-Q, 10-K and Proxy filings and Earnings Release, 8-K’s, evaluate disclosure requirements, and execute XBRL on required filings
- Take ownership of sections of the external financial reporting process and related SoX 404 controls
- Work closely with external auditors
- Complete other quarterly and annual reporting
- Perform technical accounting research and prepare accounting memos
- Assist in writing, reviewing, and implementing new accounting policies
- Confidence to work independently and multi-task multiple projects and work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
- Strength in communicating effectively and efficiently with business partners to collaborate on financial statement preparation and external reporting
- Must be a goal-driven, enthusiastic, team-oriented individual with the ability to work together and partner with others to achieve assigned projects
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:AF Sr Analyst II, Financial Reporting