Global Internal Audit & Advisory Compliance Manager
What We'll Bring:At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
As part of our 2020 transformation journey, we became Global Audit & Advisory (GAA), formerly Internal Audit. The Global Audit & Advisory Compliance Manager is responsible for managing multiple, concurrent compliance and operational audit engagements throughout the organization that includes the following: Develop audit plans, review compliance and operational controls, identify control weakness and communicate control weaknesses to Management while providing recommendations or best practices to help mitigate weaknesses.
As the Compliance Manager you’ll work with Senior Management in developing risk mitigation strategies and provide control related consultancy to management teams to ensure existing/new products or processes are in compliance with laws and regulations. This role will plan, manage, direct, and review the work of compliance auditors and consultants.
The successful candidate will need to work across the organization and be comfortable in engaging employees at all levels to ensure an efficient and effective control environment. This “hands on” role also has high visibility to Senior Management and represents the GAA function in various company related activities including interactions with Federal and State regulators. The role may involve up to 5% travel to domestic and international locations.
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in Financial Services, Banking, or Consumer Compliance related risk management with a proven track record of advancement and possess the ability to provide pragmatic internal control recommendations that add value to the organization.
- Knowledge of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) preferred.
- Experience interacting with Federal or State regulators.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience performing data analysis/analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- This is a hybrid position and involves regular performance of job responsibilities virtually as well as in-person at an assigned TransUnion office location for a minimum of two days a week.
Impact You'll Make:
- Develop and manage the annual audit plan over compliance and operational functions of the corporation for the purpose of evaluating the design and operating effectiveness over controls in place to ensure compliance to data privacy laws and regulations.
- Assist with the development and completion of the compliance risk assessment process for purposes of determining audit scope.
- Plan and manage the development of compliance and operational audit scope, objectives, and audit program; determine audit procedures to be used.
- Assess operating processes and develop conclusions about their effectiveness.
- Prepare formal written reports on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system of internal controls.
- Conduct post-audit follow-up to assess the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
- Partner with Management and their staff in developing strong, professional, and independent relationships to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the business to enable value added recommendations.
- Plan, manage, direct, and review the work of compliance auditors and consultants.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
TransUnion provides flexible benefits including flexible time off for exempt associates, paid time off for non-exempt associates, tuition reimbursement, additional (following any short-term disability) 10 weeks of parental leave with gradual return, adoption assistance, fertility coverage, spousal and domestic partner benefits, charity gift matching, employee stock purchase plan, retirement contributions with employer match, organizational growth potential through our online learning platform with guided career tracks, and access to TransUnion’s Employee Resource Groups.
We are committed to being a place where diversity is not only present, it is embraced. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
TransUnion's Internal Job Title:Manager I, Audit and Advisory