Java Tech Lead Developer, Application Development
What We'll Bring:TransUnion Consumer Interactive (TUCI), a wholly owned subsidiary of TransUnion, is looking for a senior level Full Stack Engineer that can lead other team members. TUCI builds credit monitoring applications for consumers, like you. Typically these applications allow a consumer to view their credit report, credit score, receive credit alerts, lock their credit to prevent fraud, and simulate a credit score based on various parameters.
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field, or a combination of work and educational experiences that demonstrates experience writing customer facing websites/applications.
- 10+ years of demonstrable hands-on experience in a software development profession
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with Java (v 8), Web services, REST APIs, Spring, Hibernate, SpringBoot and Microservices.
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL programming in Oracle DB.
- Solid understanding of SOAP / RESTful systems and principles of good API design.
- Knowledge of development tools such as Git, Maven, Jenkins, Confluence, Splunk, SonarQube, etc
- Proficiency with Linux, including shell scripting skills.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, algorithms, data structures (JSON/YAML), problem solving, design and analysis. capability.
- Play a hands-on role in the development process including design, development and support of the applications.
- Participate in the agile process including standups, planning, code reviews, and retrospectives.
- Expert with unit/integration testing (i.e. JUnit)
Impact You'll Make:
- Basic knowledge of Wildfly and/or Weblogic application servers.
- Knowledge of CMS systems, like LiveSite and REACT is a plus.
- Experience with using a tracking system like Jira for tasks/bugs.
- Ability to work with source control repositories in a team environment, including using tools and processes to peer review code for defects and quality against technical documents and standard practices.
- Familiarity with Docker/containerization.
- Agile methodology knowledge is a plus.
- Additional Job Description
- You will coordinate daily software changes for multiple development teams across multiple time zones.
- Writing code to adhere to product requirements/acceptance criteria - primarily focused on customer facing websites and the services that support them.
- Maintaining and reviewing code written by other developers
- Senior Team Member: Be able to work on a team to achieve a project objective by developing solutions to difficult problems and training others on those solutions.
- Defect Investigation: Be able to troubleshoot code on the front end as well as the backend java services by using Splunk, Grafana, UNIX command line to read error log/db messages related to the applications under test to support defect investigation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and should be able to function independently as a team member and leader.
TransUnion Job TitleLead Engineer, Applications Development